Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,279   Online: 817

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2125262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Come to Rochester NY, the former "Mecca" for photography.

PE
    How bout down here in SFe? Always got some good light.... plus some fun workshops
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And a very good friend lives in ABQ. Gee, I could visit him while I was in Santa Fe!

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Reports of (Colour) Kodachrome Home Processing Emerge from Sydney

Actually Stone, I would be happy to teach someone how to do it for $1M. But, I would not produce any commercial runs and the lab would have to be set up beforehand with equipment and chemicals to my specification. That latter would not be included in the $1M of course, or I would spend the $1M myself just setting up!

You understand that, right?

Edit: After seeing all the hype about tax increases in 2013, I would like to add that the $1M that I would get would be after taxes.

You understand that as well, right?

PE
    Haha oh man, how about if I just pay you by a shell company set up in the Cayman Islands so we can both save money...

I am NOT a millionaire, not even close, so this won't happen, at least not by me...

Come to Rochester NY, the former "Mecca" for photography.

PE
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    ... and we could arrange for a special tour of the George Eastman House (and collection).
    Do you both mean to tell me you are both in Rochester still? I actually would make a trip up to hang out and geek out on photography, if you really mean it we can set something up perhaps?

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually Stone, I would be happy to teach someone how to do it for $1M. But, I would not produce any commercial runs and the lab would have to be set up beforehand with equipment and chemicals to my specification. That latter would not be included in the $1M of course, or I would spend the $1M myself just setting up!

You understand that, right?

Edit: After seeing all the hype about tax increases in 2013, I would like to add that the $1M that I would get would be after taxes.

You understand that as well, right?

PE
    Actually, after this thread I'm beginning to see your point about some of these threads.

OTOH, threads remembering Kodachrome and talking about what we've shot with it, maybe sharing images, that seems cool and appropriate to me. But it seems the "yes it's possible to do it by hand" should read "it's possible, barely, to process it manually" and requires a rather generous definition of "possible."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I remember Kodachrome.

Yes, Fred and I live in Rochester and have been associates for many many years. By all means, visit us at GEH.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

I remember Kodachrome.

Yes, Fred and I live in Rochester and have been associates for many many years. By all means, visit us at GEH.

PE
    Saturday?

Also, is there actually a "post your Kodachrome images and memories but don't mention processing or even ask here" forum? I'd post a few.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Oh and as a joke, I was thinking how clever it would be to shoot images of PE and George and the GEH on Kodachrome forcing them to consider processing to get the images of course I would never do that...

~Stone

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    ... and we could arrange for a special tour of the George Eastman House (and collection).
    You could also arrange a 3 minute tour of what is left of Kodak's operations....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    You could also arrange a 3 minute tour of what is left of Kodak's operations....
    Yes I'll take it all

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AFAIK, there are no tours of Kodak at all anymore. There were in days gone by.

Fred and I often meet at GEH, and we have a rather irregular lunch group as well. We are overdue for a lunch.

Saturday is fine with me for lunch. IDK about a private tour though. That would have to be arranged with more lead time and it would have to be a weekday. There are regular tours that go through the entire GEH home and exhibits, but tours beyond the locked doors into the restoration areas are by appointment only.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin