Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,860   Online: 890

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm

5285 is the same emulsion as S100S.

Robert, I heard from a Kodak Motion Picture Rep. back in April that the last two master rolls of Ektachrome were divided between the stills and motion picture divisions. One master roll went to each, but they were from the same emulsion. As McFortner and MDR have pointed out above, the Bell & Howell
    perforations are only a problem if you are using a pin register system like the Wess mounts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    im really tempted to order this. won $500 at my monthly poker tourney so i have the cash. but is it really practical? figure its about $6 per roll 36 exp which is $1 more then velvia. so is it worth it? I would love to have a larger stash of slide film before it gets to $20 per roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you think you can use all 72 rolls worth within the time it takes to expire, and you like E100VS over Velvia, I say go for it. Assuming the 10% annual price increase that's typical anymore, that $6 roll will be $9.66 in 5 years.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    called Kodak. its all gone. so no more kodak slides for me, ever. what a shame -(

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the discussion on this apparently now only of historical interest thread!

Well, I bought the 400' roll back in the spring; it's still frozen in the can as I type... the guy had a second 400' roll at the time, which I was too poor to buy, and now I see it's discontinued and thus the 400' is probably all I'll get, though I emailed last week to ask (no reply yet). Will roll that up in the spring and shoot in interior Alaska and the Lake Superior country (in the fall). Will do this with even more reverence than my last Kodachrome...

This film discontinuation is getting very hard to keep up with... I've got some of the Rollei c41 and e6 ordered and will try that a little too... I still miss Orwochrom...

Good thing I've been pretty film-intensive for the last 30 years! I guess maybe one regret is I never got into motion picture stuff... Still like the ektar 100 and shooting as much of /that/ as I can while i can, but there's nothing like looking at your wet just developed 'chromes in full life-color.

Shoot.

Robert J. Liebermann
    photos: http://rjl.us/photo
    Eureka Alaska/Vermillion Michigan USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Liebermann View Post
    Good thing I've been pretty film-intensive for the last 30 years! I guess maybe one regret is I never got into motion picture stuff... Still like the ektar 100 and shooting as much of /that/ as I can while i can, but there's nothing like looking at your wet just developed 'chromes in full life-color.
    There's still time for motion pictures!

Certain German company dedicated to 8mm and 16mm film is cutting Fuji stocks to these formats, so that when they run out of E100D, they'll be replacing it with Velvia 100 (they cut and package it themselves). At the moment they sell also Velvia 50D for super-8. Rumors tell that they are also going to bring the Agfa Aviphot (the Rollei e6) to super-8. And those are just the color reversal options, there are many color negatives (Kodak just brought Vision3 50D to super-8 and they also have 200T and 500T) and many many more bw options.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought 400' reel of 5285 (Ektachrome 100D) some time ago and sold all other slides since I've started using it.
    It has no expiration date and the results give a very slight magenta look (that can be compensated with a green filter anyway), but they look rather 'a bit retro' than 'magentised', especially if shot in the city. Anyway, performs still much better that Elitechrome 200 I had frozen for a while.
    A perfect slide for a holiday!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin