Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,489   Online: 902

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: bulk color film

Shooter
    35mm

bulk color film

I am thinking about starting to roll my own film and am curious if there is any bulk color C-41 or E-6 35mm film available? I have looked at the regular sites such as Freestyle, Adorama, and B&H and they didn't have any. Is black and white the only bulk 35mm available?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Few and far between. I did see Portra 160 if i remember right and I suppose you can use Kodak motion picture film in the E-6 configuration. Kodak sells the E-6 on their site (400ft minimum). I do not remember where I saw the portra. I'll look around later today for that one.

So i would be interested too in sources.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    iirc the Kodak E-6 isn't any cheaper than buying it in regular rolls when I checked the U.S. prices, however, since it's discontinued, it'll get you new E100VS in 35mm at least.

Kodak Supra 400 was available in 100ft cans here.. there's still some left.

E-6 seems to be available in bulk rolls.. there's old stuff here EPY and things, but Fuji stuff is in bulk rolls too.. quite expensive here though, about $250 for 100ft.. but E-6 has retarded local prices ($45 for a single roll of Provia 400X).. so would be interesting to see what it is priced overseas in bulk rolls.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Try Ultrafine Online. I think they still offer Portra 160NC in 35mm x 100 ft.

Oh, make sure you order perforated, if that's what you need.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Why are prices so stupid in Australia?

Shooter
    127 Format
    nobody uses film in Australia so they have to punish the ones who do
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ultrafine Online, that was the place!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    nobody uses film in Australia so they have to punish the ones who do

+1 unfortunately.
    All that really matters in the end is the image, not what your using to create it.

Shooter
    35mm
    So basically the only bulk color film I can get is outdated Portra (2009)? Somehow I doubt its worth it for me to acquire the materials for bulk loading then, unfortunately.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You could try a motion picture film like Kodak 5207 - 250 speed daylight film. Processing is by ECN-2 process. You can find information about the process in the forums. The advantage is that it can be VERY cheap. 100ft can be had in the $25 to $30 range. The downside (if you think it's a downside) is that you probably want to process yourself and there is some tweaking you will need to do to get it to act like you want. But likely your only realistic path to bulk color film.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin