Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,694   Posts: 1,482,498   Online: 1033

View Poll Results: Would you buy & use a modern Autochrome-type film?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, probably.

52 66.67%
  • Probably not.

6 7.69%
  • Would have to see the results first.

20 25.64%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh - and because my high school chemistry is very limited, I have lingering memories in my head of potato starch under a microscope -- but I have no clue if other starches are also cellular or granular like that. We have a box of cornflour starch in the pantry, could that be used?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For Autochrome it is still R/G/B and you develop to a negative.

Liquid light is not red sensitive at all. It will not work unless you red sensitize it.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh OK - so you could only use an autochrome negative to make an autochrome positive?

I forgot that liquid light is orthochomatic, we will have to leave to another thread how to red sensitize it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IDK what one would do to make an Autochrome positive, as I have no reference here for it. The negative was shown here but no positive, and you cannot make an additive print.

As for red sensitizing LL, IDK either. It will require some R&D and T&E on your part. I only do this with my own emulsions since it difficult to predict for other products.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Could you just get a 4x5 sheet of Tmax 400 that is sensitive to all colors and then have a seperate color screen to put over it for exposure? Expose and develop the film and put the screen back for printing / scanning? Alignment would be possible. Think about dye transfer printing and or masking.

Using the above method you might be able to get some interesting effects by putting the screen out of alignment. You could photograph and green tree but make it red or blue my putting the screen back differently.
    Last edited by brianmquinn; 04-28-2012 at 09:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That would work.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Using DR5 to develop the film you could also have a positive with this method. Or you could reverse process it yourself with Photographers' Formulary Reversal Process Developer T-Max for Black & White Slides.

Now if only I could get myself a screen I could try this out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just found this earlier thread. It's worth a read if you have not seen it yet.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/7...utochrome.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would be surprised if it would be possible to re-register the screen precisely enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reregistration has been done.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin