Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,799   Online: 859

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo CPE 2 with 2500 tanks rubbing

I have a Jobo CPE 2 with lift, and got a 1500 tank with it and it worked fine, but I also decided to get 2 2500 tanks (one small and one big). and to fit it to the machine I did what I read of turning the rollers round so they point outwards and still attached the tank to the bottom hole (I've heard of people not moving the rollers and using the upper hole but it wouldn't rest on the rollers [is this where I am going wrong]).

When the wheel of the back of the machine sits in the water it rubs on the back of the main tank. So when I put the film tank on it doesn't turn as smoothly as it should.

I was wondering why my machine is like this as I have read these machines are compatible with these tanks.

What should I do?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
    Could you post a video somewhere, or a picture?
    The tank should take its motion from the machine head. The wheels should turn "passively", being in contact with the tank, without making any resistance. Do they turn freely when you spin them with your finger? Maybe they just need a cleaning / lubrication.

If the tank doesn't turn uniformly that might be due to excess water in the basin, the tank doesn't sit correctly on the machine head. Try to diminish the water level in the basin. The water should be a couple millimetres over the edge of the tank or so (at least, with a 1500 series tank and my CPP-2). If the rollers are covered with water I presume the water level is too high.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I believe that when using the 2500 tanks, you remove the rollers from the little arms and put them back in the machine without the arms. It should rest in the correct place then.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format

Conclusion

Yes Greg you are right, I have to remover the wheels on arms, and then just insert the wheels. *now I have consulted the Jobo manual*

Many Thanks

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin