Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,900   Online: 1202

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by newcan1 View Post
    I do mix concentrates for C-41 but leave the CD4 dry. Concentrate 1 is everything but HAS; Concentrate 2 is HAS. When I mix them together and with water, I finally mix the CD4 with a little water on its own until dissolved, and then add to the mix. I find this works very well and is very convenient. The stocks seem to last very well, and the dry CD4 of course lasts a long time.
    Why is HAS kept in a separate concentrate? Does it harm something else, or does something else (perhaps carbonate?) harm the HAS?

Mark Overton

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have no idea. I originally started with an old Zone V recipe and that's how they mixed the concentrates, and when I went with a slightly different formula, I just did the same. I'm not a chemist and feel greatly inferior to the intellect of those here who are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys;

Wikipedia is your friend. Read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxylamine

DUH! and KABOOM.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Shows how much of the world I fail to understand. PE, I read the Wikipedia article, and didn't understand a word of it, except I could see how KABOOM might be relevant!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't worry about it. The kit, when packed properly is ok.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What function DTPA Na5 has in this developer? Is it necessary, to use it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    DUH! and KABOOM.
    This is actually one of my favourite past-times/hobbies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DTPA is a sequestering agent as shown here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentetic_acid

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by albada View Post
    For that matter, does anyone have information on the C-42 process? My internet search turned up nothing.
    Kodak's C-42 process was intended for large finishers where the conventional C-41 product lines perhaps did not make sense. For various reasons, Kodak was willing to license such finishers to bulk mix their own chemicals; the C-42 process was the version used. This was confidential information, and apparently the licensees did a good job keeping it so.

Mixing according to the "developer" formula was sort of irrelevant to C-42 licensees; no high-volume user would mix to this formula (aside from initial processor tank fills). Rather, they would mix to the "replenisher" formulation, and the seasoned processor tanks would tend toward the specs for "developer," generally called the "tank solution" by people in the business.
    Last edited by Mr Bill; 06-08-2012 at 06:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin