Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,973   Online: 964

Thread: reds!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

reds!

What are the benefits of a redhancer filter? Remember reading a piece about them once in Photon several years ago.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have read about them and seen them used a few times before. I also heard of one person who had a filter made especially for her. She called it not a warm up, but a pink up. I think they warm an image and take the cool eldge of an image without giving rise to that jaundiced look that using a yellow to the point of noticeable warmth gives. The woman who use the pink up used it for scottish mountain scenes in snow. It looked great, reducing the blue cast and really adding warmth...but red rather than yellow warmth. This one was pretty subtle. I guess redhancers would be useful for autumn foliage etc.

Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog
    What are the benefits of a redhancer filter? Remember reading a piece about them once in Photon several years ago.
    I guess you are talking about something like the Tiffen Enhancing Filter. It works quite well if you have a subject with a lot of warm tones, however, I would not use it if you are shooting Velvia - the effect can be quite garish, IMO.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin