Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,694   Online: 849

Thread: Old Velvia 50

Shooter
    35mm

Old Velvia 50

I have 5 so rolls of old Velvia 50 they are likely 6 years plus old and not stored cold. Is it worth shooting the film? And if I process it myself with the Arista kit from Freestyle what adjustments to time would I need to make?

Any leads would be appreciated, Thanks

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use one roll for a snip test. Shoot bracketed exposures emphasizing overexposure. The film is likely slower than ASA 50 owing to its age. The MacBeth chart and some colorful objects or a person are your best subjects for testing. Snip and process a foot or so of the test roll and then make process time adjustments accordingly for a couple of more tests.

You will likely find color balance is somewhat off as well, but perhaps not beyond being usable depending on storage conditions.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin