Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,394   Online: 679

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtjade2007 View Post
    This time I cut a 24 frame roll to shoot another round of testing. ...

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    I think you should periodically cut more off for another round of testing. Each time see what comes back. Eventually you'll run out of film, and the whole exercise will be moot...

Shooter
    35mm
    I just got some slides back from Walmart. I used to send my slide film to York processing, but sometime in the past year, they stopped and I got the roll back. So I took the roll (Elite Chrome 400) to Walmart. There is a place in Illinois that I am thinking about sending my film to that still does E-6. I have a lot of slide film in my freezer that's approaching 2 years expired. My goal is to get it all used up before summer ends, and I can start the fall with some fresh Velvia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    I just got some slides back from Walmart. I used to send my slide film to York processing, but sometime in the past year, they stopped and I got the roll back. So I took the roll (Elite Chrome 400) to Walmart. There is a place in Illinois that I am thinking about sending my film to that still does E-6. I have a lot of slide film in my freezer that's approaching 2 years expired. My goal is to get it all used up before summer ends, and I can start the fall with some fresh Velvia.
    I'm pretty sure there is a local lab in Allentown that does E-6, although I can't remember the name at the moment. If anything, I know of good labs in Philadelphia and Wilmington, DE that would be more than willing to process your film.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the replies to my question. I don't think my Velvia 50 film was sent to dwayne's for processing. It looked like a Fuji lab. I could be wrong of course.

I did some search on the internet and found some said that if kept in freezer Velvia 50 can be still good over 10 years. One even said that Velvia 50 tends to have a magenta cast without being expired. My slides did show a bit of the magenta cast. Here is one shot I scanned. I think I will test the film again and this time I will send it to Dwayne's directly and see what it comes out.Attachment 49578
    Is the magenta cast on the slide or just when you scan? My epson v500 gives all my color a magenta cast.
    If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megalime/

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies to my question. I don't think my Velvia 50 film was sent to dwayne's for processing. It looked like a Fuji lab. I could be wrong of course.

I did some search on the internet and found some said that if kept in freezer Velvia 50 can be still good over 10 years. One even said that Velvia 50 tends to have a magenta cast without being expired. My slides did show a bit of the magenta cast. Here is one shot I scanned. I think I will test the film again and this time I will send it to Dwayne's directly and see what it comes out.Attachment 49578
    The colours look fine IMO. Are you sure it has a colour cast? Maybe check your scanner settings? Velvia is a tad hard to scan.....

-R

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin