Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,766   Posts: 1,670,820   Online: 811

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

E6 mail order labs in the UK.

Hello everyone,

May i please ask which E6 mail order labs photographers based in the UK are using, without any processing problems being noted.

I had a thought today regarding this, after a complaint i made to a Pro Lab regarding some processing issues i had.

Would i be expecting too much from a mailorder lab, to think that when i receive a film back, i found no deep scratches or drying marks on the base side of the transparency film?

Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using Metro Colour Lab in Birmingham for my E6 work they come back sleeved and their processing has been perfect no drying marks scratches etc. but they take about a week or so to return them.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using Metro Colour Lab in Birmingham for my E6 work they come back sleeved and their processing has been perfect no drying marks scratches etc. the cleanest processing I've ever seen, but they do take about a week to ten days to return them.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Peak Imaging? Haven't shot any transparency for a while, but 3 days turnaround first class, a week via their standard freepost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess Peter Gaffney processes your Stereo pairs Ben

Peter's got a nice little lab in Birmingham unfortunately he doesn't do LF. I used him a lot for 35mm C41 in the late 80's early 90's always excellent quality.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Peak Imaging? Haven't shot any transparency for a while, but 3 days turnaround first class, a week via their standard freepost.
    Thank you, i have used Peak's E6 service in the past.

Thank you for the recommendation for Metro Colour Lab, benjiboy. The quailty of processing you have experienced is good to know.

I have a couple of exposed films, which i've posted for development to Metro Imaging's online service 'Metro Print', after a recommendation.
    Last edited by bishy; 04-21-2012 at 08:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I guess Peter Gaffney processes your Stereo pairs Ben

Peter's got a nice little lab in Birmingham unfortunately he doesn't do LF. I used him a lot for 35mm C41 in the late 80's early 90's always excellent quality.

Ian
    Yes Ian it looks like it, I started using Metro about a year ago and have been impressed with the quality and the reasonable price of their work, since I only shoot 35mm and 120 the fact he doesn't do L/F isn't an issue with me
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Just a quick update. I was pleased with Metro Imaging's processing service, the slides were pristine and no drying marks or scratching evident.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bishy View Post
    Just a quick update. I was pleased with Metro Imaging's processing service, the slides were pristine and no drying marks or scratching evident.
    I'm pleased you got good results bishy, but I recommended Metro Colour Labs in Birmingham, I have never used Metro Imaging in London.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes of course that's right, which is much apreciated. I haven't forgotten Metro Colour Labs and if have any issues in future then, Mr Gaffney will be my next port of call.

The only thing was i had already posted a couple of exposed rolls to Metro Print, after a recommendation via private messaging.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin