Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,057   Online: 775

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    400tx, 1600pr, 400pr, 400nc, 160nc.. I basically grab whatever is around and use it in 3-4 different bodies at various times. Film is life.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Yesterday I loaded my last roll of Fuji Press 1600 into the camera set to 6400 and headed north to a coal mine tour.

With the prices being asked on that auction site though, I think it will be my last roll for a bit too. Judging from the prices, Fuji must have discontinued manufacture of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Porta 400 135 in the Widelux
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Fujicolor Pro 160S in my Nikon F3HP. Film processed and printed with a photo CD by Photographic Works in Tucson (for $15.00!). I'm very pleased with the results, my Nikon F3HP, purchased in 1983, has never been CLA'd and it still performs magnificently. I purchased a couple of new Kodak films for the future - Kodak Ektar 100, and Kodak Portra 160.

Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Last night I shot some dusk pano's with my Kodak Six-16 loaded up with Delta 400. Planning on trying out the Caffinol-C (Delta-STD mix).
    Discovered that at my local Walgreens, no less than 15 people had actual 35mm color film being developed, and people were ACTUALLY BUYING FILM?!@ I almost shed a tear, it was a beautiful moment - until I got that unknown roll of 35mm Fujicolor 100 back and said to my self: "when did I EVER take shots like these? Was I drunk?" It is entirely possible.

Now, off to scowre the local markets for cheap awesomeness.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCee View Post
    Fujicolor Pro 160S in my Nikon F3HP. Film processed and printed with a photo CD by Photographic Works in Tucson (for $15.00!). I'm very pleased with the results, my Nikon F3HP, purchased in 1983, has never been CLA'd and it still performs magnificently. I purchased a couple of new Kodak films for the future - Kodak Ektar 100, and Kodak Portra 160.

Jim
    $15 for a roll of film to be developed? That is a stiff price. Ouch! Is that what it costs these days in the real world? I live in China where costs are much lower. i pay about $5 per roll with scans. Maybe you had prints made? I hope so. $15 is too much! I dont know how much film I would shoot at 3X's the price.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    $16 for 120 at a decent lab (including scans), $15 for prints and scans 35mm at local lab. I just paid these prices yesterday. . . - At least black and white doesn't cost that.
    - J. Richard
    4x5 Speed Graphic, Looking for another 8x10.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I just shot a roll of 127 Portra 160nc in my Kodak Brownie Starmatic.

Have to order some C-41 chems since Freestyle was closed today. (should have looked up their hours online before heading out)
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    $15 for a roll of film to be developed? That is a stiff price. Ouch! Is that what it costs these days in the real world? I live in China where costs are much lower. i pay about $5 per roll with scans. Maybe you had prints made? I hope so. $15 is too much! I dont know how much film I would shoot at 3X's the price.
    Well, I guess prices are lower in China. They did include prints of all 36 shots, and the quality was absolutely first class!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCee View Post
    Well, I guess prices are lower in China. They did include prints of all 36 shots, and the quality was absolutely first class!

OK, that seems a much better price then. I dont get prints for my $5 developing. I wish I did but the service only offers develop and scan.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin