Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,713   Posts: 1,669,862   Online: 999

Page 26 of 111 FirstFirst ... 16202122232425262728293031323676 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I bought some Portra 800 for some reason (well, I had a good reason) a while back and finally shot it after like 4 months. It was really pricey, so I doubt I'll buy anymore. Haven't developed yet. Sometimes I like having to think less w/ B&W, since I'm very close to knowing exactly what I like out of what's available. Can't say the same for color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    shot my first roll of reala yesterday. cant wait to see the results. also a roll of provia 100 and 400

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Currently have:

Adox CHS 25 in the F2AS, Adox CHS 100 in the F3P, and a roll of Portra 400 in the F4. The F and F5 are empty right now, as is the other F2AS, which is being serviced right now.

Finished up a roll of 2003 expiration Velvia last month, along with a roll of Provia 400X, and a roll of Ektar 100. Strangely enough, the Velvia looked almost like plain ol' Fujichrome 50 (the old RD version from 1990). Guess it mellows out a bit with age. Ran that through the F2AS that's currently being serviced. The 400X was in the F5, and the Ektar in the F3P.

-J
    APUG: F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 35/2 O, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC
    'tax gear: Spot II, 55/1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    shot my first roll of reala yesterday. cant wait to see the results. also a roll of provia 100 and 400
    You just shot your FIRST roll of Reala? You are in for a roller coaster ride. First you'll see how utterly GORGEOUS the color is from this film. Reala is simply to die for. Amazingly beautiful color.

Then you are in for a world of hurt when you realize that Reala is no longer made.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    You just shot your FIRST roll of Reala? You are in for a roller coaster ride. First you'll see how utterly GORGEOUS the color is from this film. Reala is simply to die for. Amazingly beautiful color.

Then you are in for a world of hurt when you realize that Reala is no longer made.
    lol, that'd be like someone discovering Fuji Pro 160C and its eyepopping color, then discovering that it hasn't been made for a couple years. :-\

-J
    APUG: F3P, F2AS, Nikomat FT2
    DPUG: D2x
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D2x), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2 AI, 35/2 O, 50/2 H, 50/1.4 S, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 PC
    'tax gear: Spot II, 55/1.8 Super-Multi-Coated Takumar

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've shot 6 5x4 sheets of out of date Ilford HP5 @200 iso and 6 of Fomapan Creative 200 @200 iso as well.

It's my first time using Foma 200, does anyone have any tips regarding development?

I normally use either HC110 solution B or Microphen 1+1

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudia Moroni View Post
    I've shot 6 5x4 sheets of out of date Ilford HP5 @200 iso and 6 of Fomapan Creative 200 @200 iso as well.

It's my first time using Foma 200, does anyone have any tips regarding development?

I normally use either HC110 solution B or Microphen 1+1
    Tips in what regard? You haven't stated what you do or don't like about your results so far that would require a "tip"

My only experience with either film was using Rodinal (Adox Adonal) so I couldn't comment on either of those dev's with regard to that film (though I have used HC-110(B), I have not used Microphen so I can't compare those either).

So what's wrong with either that you need a tip?

Also is that HP5 or HP5+? You said expired so I wanted to clarify that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post

It isn't discontinued in my house, I have about 50 rolls of 135 and 50 of 120 in a freezer in my basement although it is discontinued I can still buy the 120 in the U.K. because they are selling off the existing stock.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    lol, that'd be like someone discovering Fuji Pro 160C and its eyepopping color, then discovering that it hasn't been made for a couple years. :-\

-J
    I have a bunch of 160c in 220 packs. But I almost never shoot color neg film, mainly reversal. That explains the first roll of reala. I have some rolls of reala i got a year ago before the big price jump. The 160c i did dhoot came out very nice I must say, but still a little short of slide film umph. but i do prefer the 160c to ektar

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still have some Velvia in 220 yippeeeeeeeeee!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin