Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,225   Online: 911

Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 16202122232425262728293031323676 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a box of Foma100 in 4x5 the other day, just to try it out. I've also scored some boxes of 4x5 Plus-X Pan that I'm hanging out to try too.

But none of that today, I'm off to Canberra for a few days tonight, packing:
    Mamiya 645AF, P67 45/4, 80/1.9N, trying Ektar100 for the first time. (along with Delta3200 for indoor pub shots, Efke25 and PanF50 for outdoors, and some Velvia50 for the hell of it)
    Bessa L with 21/4, also trying Ektar 100 for the first time in 135-size (and more rolls of Velvia).
    Bessa R3A with 40/1.4 Nokton and 90/3.5 ApoLanthar, and a few rolls of Tri-X 400.

Mostly I'm interested in comparing the Ektar and Velvia, although it won't be completely side-by-side, it should give me a nice indication of what Ektar is capable of...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Ektar should love that late spring sun in Canberra.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, today I actually shot a film I have before, but in a totally different way. I packed two rolls of Delta 3200 to use with the 80/1.9 indoors in dimly lit pubs taking pics of poets (which I've done with every other roll of it that I've shot)
    But a) when I got to the airport security and tried to get them passed around the xray-machine they made me open them to prove there was film in them. So I can't re-freeze in case I freeze the humidity into them and may as well use them up while I'm here. And b) because my flight landed at 9pm, by the time I got to the poetry gig last night, I only got 5 shots in before it was all over.

So today, for the first time, I've been shooting Delta 3200 (rated at 3200) in full sunlight (in between the Ektar, already through two rolls of that).
    f/22, 1/1000, orange filter and CPL all together. Normally I would prefer to use the Efke25 and PanF50 for grain-free detailed landscapes, but halfway through I realised: this current government is so regressive (even calling them conservative gives them too much credit), that shooting really-grainy retro-looking century-old shots of parliament-house would match their policies perfectly...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I bought some Portra 800 for some reason (well, I had a good reason) a while back and finally shot it after like 4 months. It was really pricey, so I doubt I'll buy anymore. Haven't developed yet. Sometimes I like having to think less w/ B&W, since I'm very close to knowing exactly what I like out of what's available. Can't say the same for color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    shot my first roll of reala yesterday. cant wait to see the results. also a roll of provia 100 and 400

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Currently have:

Adox CHS 25 in the F2AS, Adox CHS 100 in the F3P, and a roll of Portra 400 in the F4. The F and F5 are empty right now, as is the other F2AS, which is being serviced right now.

Finished up a roll of 2003 expiration Velvia last month, along with a roll of Provia 400X, and a roll of Ektar 100. Strangely enough, the Velvia looked almost like plain ol' Fujichrome 50 (the old RD version from 1990). Guess it mellows out a bit with age. Ran that through the F2AS that's currently being serviced. The 400X was in the F5, and the Ektar in the F3P.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by destroya View Post
    shot my first roll of reala yesterday. cant wait to see the results. also a roll of provia 100 and 400
    You just shot your FIRST roll of Reala? You are in for a roller coaster ride. First you'll see how utterly GORGEOUS the color is from this film. Reala is simply to die for. Amazingly beautiful color.

Then you are in for a world of hurt when you realize that Reala is no longer made.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    You just shot your FIRST roll of Reala? You are in for a roller coaster ride. First you'll see how utterly GORGEOUS the color is from this film. Reala is simply to die for. Amazingly beautiful color.

Then you are in for a world of hurt when you realize that Reala is no longer made.
    lol, that'd be like someone discovering Fuji Pro 160C and its eyepopping color, then discovering that it hasn't been made for a couple years. :-\

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've shot 6 5x4 sheets of out of date Ilford HP5 @200 iso and 6 of Fomapan Creative 200 @200 iso as well.

It's my first time using Foma 200, does anyone have any tips regarding development?

I normally use either HC110 solution B or Microphen 1+1

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudia Moroni View Post
    I've shot 6 5x4 sheets of out of date Ilford HP5 @200 iso and 6 of Fomapan Creative 200 @200 iso as well.

It's my first time using Foma 200, does anyone have any tips regarding development?

I normally use either HC110 solution B or Microphen 1+1
    Tips in what regard? You haven't stated what you do or don't like about your results so far that would require a "tip"

My only experience with either film was using Rodinal (Adox Adonal) so I couldn't comment on either of those dev's with regard to that film (though I have used HC-110(B), I have not used Microphen so I can't compare those either).

So what's wrong with either that you need a tip?

Also is that HP5 or HP5+? You said expired so I wanted to clarify that.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin