Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,475   Posts: 1,542,619   Online: 983

Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 17212223242526272829303132333777 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    You just shot your FIRST roll of Reala? You are in for a roller coaster ride. First you'll see how utterly GORGEOUS the color is from this film. Reala is simply to die for. Amazingly beautiful color.

Then you are in for a world of hurt when you realize that Reala is no longer made.
    It isn't discontinued in my house, I have about 50 rolls of 135 and 50 of 120 in a freezer in my basement although it is discontinued I can still buy the 120 in the U.K. because they are selling off the existing stock.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    lol, that'd be like someone discovering Fuji Pro 160C and its eyepopping color, then discovering that it hasn't been made for a couple years. :-\

-J
    I have a bunch of 160c in 220 packs. But I almost never shoot color neg film, mainly reversal. That explains the first roll of reala. I have some rolls of reala i got a year ago before the big price jump. The 160c i did dhoot came out very nice I must say, but still a little short of slide film umph. but i do prefer the 160c to ektar

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still have some Velvia in 220 yippeeeeeeeeee!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Still have some Velvia in 220 yippeeeeeeeeee!
    LUCKY!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Most recently, 4 sheets of 4x5 FP4+.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    You just shot your FIRST roll of Reala? You are in for a roller coaster ride. First you'll see how utterly GORGEOUS the color is from this film. Reala is simply to die for. Amazingly beautiful color.

Then you are in for a world of hurt when you realize that Reala is no longer made.
    Same happened to me about a year ago when I discovered Efke KB25...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Tips in what regard? You haven't stated what you do or don't like about your results so far that would require a "tip"

My only experience with either film was using Rodinal (Adox Adonal) so I couldn't comment on either of those dev's with regard to that film (though I have used HC-110(B), I have not used Microphen so I can't compare those either).

So what's wrong with either that you need a tip?

Also is that HP5 or HP5+? You said expired so I wanted to clarify that.
    What results? I stated that it's the first time I use this kind of film!

I was wondering if any user who shot it could give me a rough idea of development time with either Microphen or HC110 (the two developers I normally use).

Otherwise if anyone had good results with any other developer that they'd recommend for this film (for example how was your experience with Rodinal and Foma 200?)

It was HP5+

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudia Moroni View Post
    What results? I stated that it's the first time I use this kind of film!

I was wondering if any user who shot it could give me a rough idea of development time with either Microphen or HC110 (the two developers I normally use).

Otherwise if anyone had good results with any other developer that they'd recommend for this film (for example how was your experience with Rodinal and Foma 200?)

It was HP5+
    First I look at the manufacturers recommendations for development times, and then the massive dev chart's times and usually they match up, sometimes if they are off I try and take the middle ground and go from there.

Your film should have come with a chart of regular developers listed with times. And if not, the data sheets for the developers should list some times, and check the massive dev chart, all available online with an easy google search.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok, so HC-110(B) is TOO fast a developer to be used and ensure even development. So I wouldn't use that anyway. (Times under 5 minutes for both HP5+ and FOMA400

Did you happen to shoot this at 200 by accident?

Microphen 1+3 has listed 16 minutes On the massive dev chart, that's the only dilution that lists 200 for the developers you listed.

I haven't ever shot HP5+ at 200, only at 400, 800 and 3200.

Rodinal 1:50 is listed at 10 minutes for an EI of 200 for HP5+ and 11 minutes for FOMA400 at EI 200.

The massive dev chart is crowd sourced so the listed times are only good as a base starting point since everyone shoots differently but I hope that helps you a bit. I would throw one one sheet of each in a tank and develop both sheets in Rodinal 1:50 for 10 minutes and that would give you a better idea how to develop the remaining sheets. That's my best advice.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudia Moroni View Post
    I've shot 6 5x4 sheets of out of date Ilford HP5 @200 iso and 6 of Fomapan Creative 200 @200 iso as well.

It's my first time using Foma 200, does anyone have any tips regarding development?

I normally use either HC110 solution B or Microphen 1+1
    My only experience with Fomapan (not in 4x5, yet) is that HC-110 is very active. I will use dilution H (1+63) for pleasing results. I think I went for 6.5 minutes most recently.

I actually prefer D-76 or a derivitaive for Fomapan.

My other tip with Fomapan is to use a water stop or very dilute. I have had pinholes show up on 120 Fomapan with too-strong acidic stop bath. Now I only use water.
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin