Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,323   Online: 987

Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18222324252627282930313233343878 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

What films did you shoot most recently? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    My only experience with Fomapan (not in 4x5, yet) is that HC-110 is very active. I will use dilution H (1+63) for pleasing results. I think I went for 6.5 minutes most recently.

I actually prefer D-76 or a derivitaive for Fomapan.

My other tip with Fomapan is to use a water stop or very dilute. I have had pinholes show up on 120 Fomapan with too-strong acidic stop bath. Now I only use water.
    Agree about those pin holes...

Also, you used dil(H) at 6.5 minutes when shooting FOMA400 at 200?

EDIT: OOOppps!!!!! Ahh! Foma200

Shoot, Claudia, the Rodinal 1:50 for FOMA 200 is 10:00

HC-110(B) is 3:30 but again too short....

Microphen stock is 5 minutes and 1+3 is 12:00

Sorry for miss reading your original post
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Agree about those pin holes...

Also, you used dil(H) at 6.5 minutes when shooting FOMA400 at 200?
    Foma 400 @ 400 and Foma 200 @ 200. I used the same dev times. Only shot Foma 200 twice in 120.
    - Bill Lynch

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 200 and 100 are nice in Barry Thornton's 2 bath formula [I halve their rated speeds].
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Been shooting alot of Arista EDU Ultra 100 and 400, both 120 and 35mm. It's cheap and I absolutely love the look of the stuff.
    Yashica-Mat 124 G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First I look at the manufacturers recommendations for development times, and then the massive dev chart's times and usually they match up, sometimes if they are off I try and take the middle ground and go from there.

Your film should have come with a chart of regular developers listed with times. And if not, the data sheets for the developers should list some times, and check the massive dev chart, all available online with an easy google search.

EDIT: OOOppps!!!!! Ahh! Foma200

Shoot, Claudia, the Rodinal 1:50 for FOMA 200 is 10:00

HC-110(B) is 3:30 but again too short....

Microphen stock is 5 minutes and 1+3 is 12:00

Sorry for miss reading your original post
    You're right, I could have easily searched with Google and looked at the massive dev chart, but while I was here, I thought it'd be interesting to hear other users' experiences, since I think that Apug is a community full of incredibly experienced and talented film photographers.

No problem about the misunderstanding xx

Quote Originally Posted by wblynch View Post
    My only experience with Fomapan (not in 4x5, yet) is that HC-110 is very active. I will use dilution H (1+63) for pleasing results. I think I went for 6.5 minutes most recently.

I actually prefer D-76 or a derivitaive for Fomapan.

My other tip with Fomapan is to use a water stop or very dilute. I have had pinholes show up on 120 Fomapan with too-strong acidic stop bath. Now I only use water.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    The 200 and 100 are nice in Barry Thornton's 2 bath formula [I halve their rated speeds].
    I'm not familiar with this developer, I guess you have to mix it yourself and I have never done it before, but thanks for the imput

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Claudia-the formula will definitely be on a site somewhere. It's in his book Edge of Darkness [Argentum Press]. Also see the Film Developing Cookbook [Anchell and Troop].
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yesterday I shot CVS (Fuji) 400 in a Nikon N2000.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More lovely XP2 for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This week it was homemade dry-plates in 8x10. In a couple days and weather permitting I hope to produce some plates in 5x7 for another camera. I still have a gob of dry-plates that I made for half-pate & 5x4 that I need to burn through. I have yet to try indoor still-life using these, something I wanted to do for quite a while now. Ultimately I would like to try my hand printing these on hand-coated paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudia Moroni View Post
    You're right, I could have easily searched with Google and looked at the massive dev chart, but while I was here, I thought it'd be interesting to hear other users' experiences, since I think that Apug is a community full of incredibly experienced and talented film photographers.
    I've used Fomapan 200 in 35mm roll film, shot in low contrast lighting I exposed at EI 200 (in normal contrast EI 160, and high contrast 100).

The low contrast neg received HC-110 Dilution H, for 14 minutes, which was probably about 2 minutes too much. I would recommend 12 minutes.

For normal contrast I developed for 10 minutes using Dilution H, and high contrast 8 minutes. I normally don't cut development short for high contrast scenes, but the Foma films build contrast so quickly that highlights are quickly blocked up if proper care is not taken.

Hope that helps. It's a wonderful film with great texture, beautiful tonality, and a nice grain.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin