Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,628   Online: 684

Page 35 of 83 FirstFirst ... 252930313233343536373839404145 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Was up till 5 a.m. on the internet (places like APUG), & woke today @ 4:30 p.m. So much for using the 126 outside today. Got a couple pictures of the dog with the 126 camera (Kodak SO-16 Gen 2). Our last dog (died nearly 2 years ago) was deathly afraid of cameras. This one isn't, but gets all excited when she sees one and will not stay still - she sits nicely but keeps moving her head around, quickly, as if she knows it will blur.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Delta3200 @6400

I've never shot D3200 at anything but 3200.

I know people say that you're supposed to push an extra stop for some reason than the listed times, that would be pushing it to 12800 which seems like a lot to me, I hope it's not too much and the suggestions of pushing an extra stop are correct...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From what I've read, that extra stop "push" is to get better contrast, as Delta 3200 is allegedly made to be low contrast specifically so it can be pushed. Again, I've only read this - no detailed experience on my part.

That said, I've only used Delta 3200 @ 1600 and developed for 3200. It worked okay for me, but I've not tested and compared different variables.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Delta 3200 is an ISO 1000 film designed to have a very shallow and gentle slope - meaning low contrast, and no clearly obvious demarcation between shadows and near-shadows.

So when you under expose it by metering at 1600, 3200 or more, the shadows don't fall out entirely. And when you develop it longer than a strict ISO 1000 time, the contrast builds to a level that is more aesthetically pleasing.

The choice of what contrast level is aesthetically pleasing is a very subjective one - naturally, some will find more contrast pleasing, while others will prefer less.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've run some Portra 400 in 120 recently and was pleased at the colors. More natural than the over saturated Ektar and Portra160.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Today I fired off 1 roll of Ektar, 1 roll of Provia 100F, and one roll of Kodak Tmax 400. All 120 format.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What's loaded currently:

Nikon F, F2A, F2AS: Ektar 100
    F3P: Ilford SFX200
    F4: Portra 400
    FT2: CHS 25 (Adox).

Most recently finished off a roll of CHS 100, which I need to get processed.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    a couple of rolls of well expired Fujicolour, testing some cameras that probably have not been used in 15 years, to make sure they still work....... The results may not look great, but that is okay. If it looks half decent, I'll get some new film and run a couple more rolls.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A roll of Kodak Gold 200, but what I thought I had in the camera was Tri-X

Finished the roll, stashed it in the darkroom without looking at it. I had already staged the tank and reels. So I went into the DR, closed the door, opened the cassette loaded it on a reel, got everything else ready, temps good... Double-check the opened cassette to get the time (just in case it was T-Max), oh-oh .

Fortunately, I hadn't gone any further, so I took it out, put it in a reloadable and ran it down the the camera shop.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

What films did you shoot most recently? (Part 2)

Finished off the second half of a roll of Vision3 500T ECN-2 film x-processed as C-41 at the local lab as a 1 hour photo, just need to take the Rem-Jet backing off and scan it, but the neg looks good, though I'm not that good at reading CN films.

As soon as my GF let's me leave I'll get it finished (probably Friday day).
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin