Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,844   Online: 885

Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ... 273132333435363738394041424347 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    went to point lobos in carmel yesterday. was 75 degrees! oh, shot 7 rolls of velvia 50 in 120 and 2 rolls rollei retro 80s

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak Gold 400 - a few snapshots of the Christmas tree decorations before they go back into storage.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Made the most of my second-to-last-day-of holidays: a trip down to the fishing village of Steveston (am) the SFU campus and Barnet Marine Park (pm) consumed some four rolls of E100G (yes, Virginia, I do bracket liberally when I know I have something special) and two rolls of HP5 Plus today. Steveston, I have visited innumerable times but never thought to bring along a camera (read: cheap, fresh seafood); SFU is just a great place to people watch; and Barnet Marine Park is one of those places that begs one to bring a camera along - crabbers, boats, birds, sea lions and people (some of whom are actually photographers) are almost always in abundance. In all, a productive week; weather was uneven but WTF: every day is a Great Day to Shoot Film!! Now...if I can just find the motivation to start tackling the (B&W) darkroom work which awaits.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW: Matt, I, too, will grab a few pics of the Christmas tree before it comes down tomorrow night, but, in the interest of conserving my precious E100G/VS, will most likely shoot the aforementioned on Ektar 100 (credit/blame John_Nikon_F) or d*****l!
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rollei RPX 25

RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Continuing the "Tourist in My Own Town" motif: a three-hour trek through Stanley Park netted 4 rolls of E100G (lots of bracketing) and a roll-and-a-bit of HP5 Plus; an hour or so at Granville Island (too many touristas) yielded an additional part roll of E100G and a roll-and-a-bit of HP5 Plus. Finished the day with a quick stop at Barnett Marine; grabbed a few shots of the crabbers (finishing off the roll of E100G loaded in the F6) and called it a day...OMG, there was frost on the sand...this is Vancouver...this isn't allowed...if you want cold, go to Deadmonton, AB.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    TMY-2 and HP5+ 4x5 sheets for the MSA
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Hmmm i've never had any drag issues with stand 1:100 in Rodinal.

I agitate for a full minute in the beginning, then a single gentle inversion after 5 minutes, and then every 20 minutes thereafter again a gentle single inversion.

The only time I have or had any sprocket issues, I discovered it was the camera exposing the sprocket and getting light piping but not the actual developing itself.

Hope that helps.
    Just following this up as I was gathering some films together that benefit from Rodinal stand. Fuji Minicopy HR 2 and some Tasma Type 17. The results are in, well actually the results are hanging in the shower drying, look good. Thanks for the details, no visible drag excellent edges and the expected contrast, lots of it!!

On topic, shooting ORWO N74 as it is still pretty grim weather but have 150ft of technical Pan expired 6/86 to load on a batch of Nikon cassettes I have acquired, 13 up to now, so need a few more yet.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ILFORD DELTA 400 (120)

RR

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi

Last Sunday

Double-X &
    Formapan 400

@Portabello Road - and nearby street markets

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin