Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,968   Posts: 1,632,675   Online: 875

Page 38 of 105 FirstFirst ... 28323334353637383940414243444888 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There are a few tricks to it, Stone. You can't just wing Ektar. And it will never look the same as any transparency film - just analogous, and
    worthy in its own right.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got done processing some FP4+ I shot over the last couple days. First time I'm trying it in X-TOL. As far as color, what I can get. Right now I have a stock of Provia, Velvia, and Porta
    Last edited by Joel_L; 01-17-2014 at 06:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    There are a few tricks to it, Stone. You can't just wing Ektar. And it will never look the same as any transparency film - just analogous, and
    worthy in its own right.
    You should send me an extra 8x10 of yours and some ektar100 8x10 sheets and I'll follow all your instructions on how to get good results, sound good?

(PS I was recently told by someone I trust and respect that you actually do know a lot and should listen to you, there goes all my plans of ignoring you... Hah!).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I dunno. I'm having fits whether or not to shoot 8x10 Ektar tommorow, or take the 4x5 Norma. Expensive stuff. But with our horrible drought out
    here, the hills have incredible neutral tones ranging from golds to all kinds of grays and earthtones - and nothing I've ever used before handles
    these kinds of hues as well as Ektar. And once the first rain arrives, those colors will disappear into the green. ... If the rain doesn't arrive soon, the entire state will blow away in a dust storm. We're having brush fires right now instead of our usual creek flooding. The only chrome film that worked with these kinds of hues was a old very-grainy high-contrast Agfachrome, pre-E6 - it had muted greens but the warm tones were incredible.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I dunno. I'm having fits whether or not to shoot 8x10 Ektar tommorow, or take the 4x5 Norma. Expensive stuff. But with our horrible drought out
    here, the hills have incredible neutral tones ranging from golds to all kinds of grays and earthtones - and nothing I've ever used before handles
    these kinds of hues as well as Ektar. And once the first rain arrives, those colors will disappear into the green. ... If the rain doesn't arrive soon, the entire state will blow away in a dust storm. We're having brush fires right now instead of our usual creek flooding. The only chrome film that worked with these kinds of hues was a old very-grainy high-contrast Agfachrome, pre-E6 - it had muted greens but the warm tones were incredible.
    Wow even Velvia50 doesn't have them? Actually doesn't Velvia100 have more red hues? Perhaps that's an option?

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Found a couple of rolls of pre-APX Agfapan 400 [120] lurking in a dark corner of the camera store...hope they're still good!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak Gold 400 in a Snappy 20.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    FOMAPAN 200 (120)

RR

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    HP5+ | TMY-2 | and unbeknownst to me... TXP (was told the holders contained Acros100, it doesn't matter, they were somehow also completely exposed to light somehow before i got them...) good times

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    HP5+ | TMY-2 | and unbeknownst to me... TXP (was told the holders contained Acros100, it doesn't matter, they were somehow also completely exposed to light somehow before i got them...) good times
    What a pain in the backside! Enough to knot the stomach for a while...

Did you make some safety exposures on some other film?

RR

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin