Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,165   Online: 966
      
Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 293334353637383940414243444549 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 753
  1. #381

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    2,562
    I dunno. I'm having fits whether or not to shoot 8x10 Ektar tommorow, or take the 4x5 Norma. Expensive stuff. But with our horrible drought out
    here, the hills have incredible neutral tones ranging from golds to all kinds of grays and earthtones - and nothing I've ever used before handles
    these kinds of hues as well as Ektar. And once the first rain arrives, those colors will disappear into the green. ... If the rain doesn't arrive soon, the entire state will blow away in a dust storm. We're having brush fires right now instead of our usual creek flooding. The only chrome film that worked with these kinds of hues was a old very-grainy high-contrast Agfachrome, pre-E6 - it had muted greens but the warm tones were incredible.

  2. #382
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,213
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    I dunno. I'm having fits whether or not to shoot 8x10 Ektar tommorow, or take the 4x5 Norma. Expensive stuff. But with our horrible drought out
    here, the hills have incredible neutral tones ranging from golds to all kinds of grays and earthtones - and nothing I've ever used before handles
    these kinds of hues as well as Ektar. And once the first rain arrives, those colors will disappear into the green. ... If the rain doesn't arrive soon, the entire state will blow away in a dust storm. We're having brush fires right now instead of our usual creek flooding. The only chrome film that worked with these kinds of hues was a old very-grainy high-contrast Agfachrome, pre-E6 - it had muted greens but the warm tones were incredible.
    Wow even Velvia50 doesn't have them? Actually doesn't Velvia100 have more red hues? Perhaps that's an option?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  3. #383
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,653
    Found a couple of rolls of pre-APX Agfapan 400 [120] lurking in a dark corner of the camera store...hope they're still good!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

  4. #384

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    23
    Kodak Gold 400 in a Snappy 20.

  5. #385
    Regular Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    440
    FOMAPAN 200 (120)

    RR

  6. #386
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,213
    Images
    225
    HP5+ | TMY-2 | and unbeknownst to me... TXP (was told the holders contained Acros100, it doesn't matter, they were somehow also completely exposed to light somehow before i got them...) good times
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  7. #387
    Regular Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    HP5+ | TMY-2 | and unbeknownst to me... TXP (was told the holders contained Acros100, it doesn't matter, they were somehow also completely exposed to light somehow before i got them...) good times
    What a pain in the backside! Enough to knot the stomach for a while...

    Did you make some safety exposures on some other film?

    RR

  8. #388
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,213
    Images
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    What a pain in the backside! Enough to knot the stomach for a while...

    Did you make some safety exposures on some other film?

    RR
    No... I almost did too, but it would mean walking back to the car and I was starting to lose feeling in my fingers so I just packed up and left.

    Really stupid of me...

    I'm really great flu for the replacement from the seller, he could have totally stiffed me, he ended up losing money on the whole ordeal.

    Still sucks, lesson learned...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

  9. #389
    Dr Croubie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    rAdelaide
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,151
    Images
    2
    I've been trying out some Kodalith that I scored recently for stupidly cheap in 20x24" (only $40, if there's 50 sheets in it then it works out to 3c per 4x5 if I cut it up).

    Been trying a few clip tests, hardest part was working out which side the emulsion was (found an answer on an old thread here eventually).
    Shot the first at ei1.5 in a rodinal 1+200 (5ml+1L) stand for 2 hours. I didn't invert, only stirred at the beginning and at 1 hour (mod54 in a paterson tank). It was really dark and had a few streaks because I didn't mix it enough (and marks where the film was held, because it was loaded backwards).

    Next one at ei1.5 (exposed correct-side-out) and same dev was still a bit dark.
    Latest at ei6 worked out pretty well, inversions at the start and 45mins, 1:30 all up (because it was late and I was getting impatient).

    It's a bitch to scan though, there's pinholes all through it so it mucks with the scanner's lightmetering thingy. Not a massive loss, as the intention is to shoot 20x24 pinholes (maybe 12x20 panos if I can find a lens) and contact print.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

  10. #390

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    125
    TMax 100 and Velvia 100 both in 135, went out with two cameras and a tripod



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin