Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,909   Posts: 1,630,582   Online: 755

Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 29333435363738394041424344454989 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    What a pain in the backside! Enough to knot the stomach for a while...

Did you make some safety exposures on some other film?

RR
    No... I almost did too, but it would mean walking back to the car and I was starting to lose feeling in my fingers so I just packed up and left.

Really stupid of me...

I'm really great flu for the replacement from the seller, he could have totally stiffed me, he ended up losing money on the whole ordeal.

Still sucks, lesson learned...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been trying out some Kodalith that I scored recently for stupidly cheap in 20x24" (only $40, if there's 50 sheets in it then it works out to 3c per 4x5 if I cut it up).

Been trying a few clip tests, hardest part was working out which side the emulsion was (found an answer on an old thread here eventually).
    Shot the first at ei1.5 in a rodinal 1+200 (5ml+1L) stand for 2 hours. I didn't invert, only stirred at the beginning and at 1 hour (mod54 in a paterson tank). It was really dark and had a few streaks because I didn't mix it enough (and marks where the film was held, because it was loaded backwards).

Next one at ei1.5 (exposed correct-side-out) and same dev was still a bit dark.
    Latest at ei6 worked out pretty well, inversions at the start and 45mins, 1:30 all up (because it was late and I was getting impatient).

It's a bitch to scan though, there's pinholes all through it so it mucks with the scanner's lightmetering thingy. Not a massive loss, as the intention is to shoot 20x24 pinholes (maybe 12x20 panos if I can find a lens) and contact print.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    TMax 100 and Velvia 100 both in 135, went out with two cameras and a tripod

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not many films out there I haven't tried.........time for a browse on Silverprint when payday rolls around next week
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    My films of choice lately have been Ektar, and Tri-X. For fast color I have been leaning toward Pro400H now vs my old choice of Portra.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Not many films out there I haven't tried.........time for a browse on Silverprint when payday rolls around next week

You might like to try the new Rollei RPX 25...

RR

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ektar100 this morning in my Mamiya 7 II, feels good to progress with the roll, about half way through and it's only taken me 3 months! Hah!

Shooter
    35mm
    Some decade-expired Agfa Optima 100 in a Praktica MTL 50, wandering around my new neighbourhood... the graininess has been boosted and the colours are slightly off, but it's delivered some lovely results. I have 7 or 8 more rolls to shoot with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kuparikettu View Post
    Today: 3 x Ektar 100 4x5", some winter landscapes. Can't wait to see how they turn out!
    I'm quite satisfied with how they turned out. Here's one, take a look:

Golden evening by kuparikettu, on Flickr

It was about minus 20 degrees Celsius when I was taking this photo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Took a hike down to Burrard Inlet this afternoon (overcast and with a light, intermittent drizzle) and shot a roll of HP5+ (rated at 1000 EI). Several fishers were out (crabbers, actually), a few sail boats and a the odd kayaker. Most here don't let the rain derail their plans...so why should I? F5 and the 80-200ED got a little wet, but what the hey: they won't melt.
    Some Nikons (F6, F5x2, F3P, F3HP, F2ASx4, F2A, F2 and a D800), with Ai/Ais Nikkors ranging from 15mm to 600mm; Leicas (M6X2), with Leitz glass from 28 to 90mm and a pair of Hasselblads (500c/ms), with Zeiss glass from 50 to 250mm. A bit of stuff for a no-longer practicing professional, but justifiable for a now-converted hobbyist who absolutely loves taking/making pictures.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin