Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,014   Online: 889

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3434748495051525354555657585963 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuff View Post
    Just because they still have large stocks there and it's for sale it doesn't mean it's not discontinued. There was an official notice from fuji. They stopped production.

Does 400x and Velvia 100F have new boxes? No? They are discontinued, no matter how you think otherwise.

They also list Neopan 400 on their website. It is discontinued too!

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/filmandc...rome/film.html

The stores don't run out of stock the hour something stops being produced.
    This. I love 400X but it's discontinued, and getting hard to find here. I stocked up, and I may get some more for the freezer.

It's a hard one to lose because not only is it a superb film it's the last remaining slide film faster than 100, other than that German made 200 that may also go away and that seems to produce inconsistent results for different people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdan View Post
    Why? Tri-X is still available, right?!
    Tri-X is still available, but I am using Ilford films exclusively except for color work, and the occasional Acros roll that I still have in supply.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

What films did you shoot most recently? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    It's cheaper, insignificantly so unless you buy 100' rolls. It MAY or may not be around longer, hard to say. More versatile? Um... dunno about that. HP5+ is a great film but Tri-X is still my all time favorite if-I-could-have-only-one black and white film.
    Sorry Roger, I'm mostly talking 4x5 sheets these days... It's like half the price of TriX/Tmax400 there...

When I look at film prices I look at the spectrum of sizes because I shoot them all, and decided to choose the best cheapest in all formats, and that becomes all ilford for 100 and 400 speeds.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuff View Post
    I second or is it third that Neopan (Presto in Japan) is the best 400 speed film. I like it's grain and it's sharper than TriX.
    I soup it in Super Prodol and it comes out great. I have a whole stack of it in freezer and I want to buy more.
    I shoot it alongside trix, since they both have different looks. Once it's gone, it's TriX for me with a bit of Tmax for finer grain.
    Wish I had been able to snag the Neopan400 in 100' cans for re-rolling my own... Can't even get that!

Can't even get Acros100 in cans anymore it seems Fuji stopped doing 100' cans... I would buy some Provia100f in a heartbeat if it came in long rolls...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak Pro Foto Xl 100. Now in the camera I have Fuji Acros 100.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yesterday

1 roll Neopan400@800 (35mm)
    1 roll HP5+@400 (120)
    1 roll Acros100@200 (120)
    1 roll RollieIR@12 (120)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A 120 roll of Efke 25 (expired 05-2005) in the V Hasselblad developed in Pyrocat-HD.

Only one problem, I have no 120 scanner and I just blew the scanner budget on a H1 Hasselblad (film back) with 1500 activations on for a great price. Good news, I have another roll of the same and have just loaded it in the "new" H1.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/red_eyes_man/

Photographer not a job description - a diagnosis.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Livsey View Post
    A 120 roll of Efke 25 (expired 05-2005) in the V Hasselblad developed in Pyrocat-HD.

Only one problem, I have no 120 scanner and I just blew the scanner budget on a H1 Hasselblad (film back) with 1500 activations on for a great price. Good news, I have another roll of the same and have just loaded it in the "new" H1.
    Haha! Cart before the horse...

I'll scan them for you, for a price

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Roll another number

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wish I had been able to snag the Neopan400 in 100' cans for re-rolling my own... Can't even get that!

Can't even get Acros100 in cans anymore it seems Fuji stopped doing 100' cans... I would buy some Provia100f in a heartbeat if it came in long rolls...
    I was chuffed to bits when I found a couple of cans of Neopan 400 in Focal Point,Exeter several years ago-they took care of my 35 mm needs up to the tweens!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shot seven rolls of PanF + with the Hasselblads on Saturday afternoon in Drumheller, AB. A first-time visit, I will be returning next month when I make my annual trek next door to for the Calgary Stampede.
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin