Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,703   Online: 1215

Shooter
    Multi Format

Have I ruined my C41 developer? With a few drops of stop bath?

I was developing C41 and by mistake put the cap of the 2% acetic acid stop bath on my developer bottle. A couple of drops of stop bath are now in my developer. Is it ruined by that??

Shooter
    35mm RF
    rhetorical question...
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Shooter
    Large Format
    How big's the bottle of C41 developer? This was the stop bath concentrate, not mixed? Are you sure there was that much in the cap?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bottle had 330ml developer in it. The stop bath was mixed, 2% acetic acid. There were certainly some drops in the cap, and they are now in the developer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    you may want to take the pH of the developer. I'm no expert but if it is still north of 10.1 or so, you will probably be OK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably not completely ruined, but it IS possible that you see some drop in contrast and shift in color, if the pH has shifted. I'd definitely use it, but maybe for something not that important.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Easy, just develop some test clips from known good and exposed properly film. If they look good then go for it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin