Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,494   Online: 975

Shooter
    Large Format

Bad Color negative processing. Help? Picture attached

I developed 4x5 portra films with a Jobo cpe2, 2521 tank, 2509n reel and Unicolor c-4 kit.

3 days ago, I put 4 4x5 films to a 2509n reel, 300ml and 3 came out fine but one came out bad ( Picture 1) high speed jobo.
    Last night, I put 5 films and 4 came out fine but one came out bad again (picture 2, left bottom corner) Slow speed jobo. so, I'm guessing it must be something I did but can't figure out. I used the stabilizer which came with the c-41 kit but didn't use photo-flo. It could be the reason?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  
    Last edited by rustyair; 05-04-2012 at 10:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So the bad one (the blue, I presume), how did you arrive at that scan? My guess is that your scanner has incorrectly picked the wrong black-point on the film (i.e. wrong mask colour) and that's causing the nastiness. Have you tried optically printing them using identical filter packs? Or scanning one of the "good" ones, locking down ALL of the scan settings (exposure, black & white points, colour temp, etc) and then scanning the "bad" one?

Or does the neg look wrong, i.e significantly more yellow than the others?

Is it possible you're using insufficient chemistry in your tank, which means that the innermost sheet isn't properly submersed?

You should not photoflo C41 after the stabiliser; the stabiliser contains its own wetting agent and you do not want to wash off the stabiliser with photoflo. Stab needs to dry onto the film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I scanned with the v700 and I don't have any problems with other films when I scanned them. I think it's something to do with processing or maybe with shooting.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What are the films? Is your bad film in both cases an old expired film?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin