Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,482   Posts: 1,571,166   Online: 1251

Shooter
    Multi Format

Color by Beseler tube - how do I load this thing with paper?

I just acquired a "Color by Beseler" processing tube for 16x20. I intend to use this for processing B&W paper by rolling it by hand. (I don't have enough space for 5 16x20 trays) I was hoping instructions on how to load this thing will be rather obvious but it's not. Can someone familiar with this help? Seems there's almost no information on the "net" on how to use the tube itself.

When I take one side of the cap off, it's just a cap. When I take the other side off, it has a long inner attached to it that goes the length of the tube. This inner tube sits non-concentric to the outer tube. On inside, there are ridges along the length of the tube. What is this inner tube for??

How does the paper go into this and secured? I don't see any obvious slots, clamps, etc to secure the paper in any way. Does it just get rolled length wise, emulsion side facing in and gets inserted along the perimeter? How does it even stay without collapsing when chemistry goes in and get rolled?

Sorry, it's so basic but I can't seem to figure this out....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Put the tube on its side, level as if you were to pour chems in. With one thumb, push the edge at the top of the spout side while taking your other hand and gently yet firmly pushing the spout straight downward.

Once open, you use the slide in dividers appropriate for whatever paper you are using and then do your thing at the enlarger and put in the paper with the emulsion facing in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecnichols View Post
    Put the tube on its side, level as if you were to pour chems in. With one thumb, push the edge at the top of the spout side while taking your other hand and gently yet firmly pushing the spout straight downward.

Once open, you use the slide in dividers appropriate for whatever paper you are using and then do your thing at the enlarger and put in the paper with the emulsion facing in.
    I've got the "official" instructions by Beseler. Let me get them and scan them in for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you VERY MUCH. That makes sense now. Really appreciate it.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad to have helped. My first experience with the tubes was with an 8x10 tube and for months I used it with opening the wrong end. I thought the slide-dividers were for stirring chemicals.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin