Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,088   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    Very interesting. I had no idea you could process c-41 in rodinal and get anything at all. Curious to know how your scans came out.
    I just posted them HERE. Long story short: crappy, but kinda cool anyway. Which was roughly what I expected. There's a gallery plus some details in the text.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think you can process any type of film in bw chemacals, the results will not be good and some can be salvage or usuable.
    Here two c-41 film in rodinal 1:100, stand development:

Off course that was Ilford XP2.

Here are two agfa color c-41 film:

Changed to bw in lightroom, after scanning!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might also be still able to salvage color images by bleaching in ferricyanide + bromide bleach and redeveloping in normal C-41 process!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to soup c-41 film in D-72(dektol) to boost the contrast. You can print them but times are super longish, plus it needs to be printed on G-4 or G-5 hard contrast to get decent images.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry about that, not really a color shooter. :X

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    (develop and fix stages already done)
    Bleach,
    Wash,
    Expose to light,
    Put in C-41 developer,
    Bleach and fix as normal from there.

You will now have a colour neg.

Here is an example of just that, also using Rodinal as the first developer.

Little Cousin by athiril, on Flickr

Color negative in Rodinal gives a grainy result compared to B/W neg of the same speed.I developed Kodak 800 ISO color negative film exposed at EI=400 in Rodinal 1:50,see attached.This test was developed for 14m 68F but the negative was low contrast,something like 22m 68F agitate 10s/min might be better for Rodinal 1:50.There was no problem with 5 min fix time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails color neg in rodinal.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    You could bleach this with a ferricyanide bleach (that's what's in sepia toner packs, right?), then expose to bright light and redevelop to completion in either C-41 or E-6 developer (second developer if using E-6).
    Obviously your colour fidelity won't be 100%, but you'll be able to recover some colour information in this way.
    I have done this using ancient (~half a century old) Gevaert film with colour images recovered. Obviously they were not top quality, having sat around as latent images for a couple of generations then been developed in the wrong chemicals, but still. I suspect that your results might be a bit better.
    If you don't get enough dye formed, you can always re-bleach and re-develop to make more dye. Once you blix (or bleach then fix) your silver image goes and you're left with only dye, which doesn't react with developer any more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah, didn't see that Athiril had already written about this before...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin