Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,705   Online: 1011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Cheaper Slide Film

Hey guys, I was wondering what slide films I can find for cheap would be. I have E6 Chemistry and I need to use it up, what would be the most/best film for the money?
    PS. If anyone is selling any, let me know.
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcarlsonmedia View Post
    the most/best film for the money? ... PS. If anyone is selling any, let me know.
    Best for the money? Try Ektachrome 100 or Fuji Velvia/Provia/Astia.

Cheapest? Try Ektachrome 100 or Fuji Velvia/Provia/Astia.

The only ones in existence? Try Ektachrome 100 or Fuji Velvia/Provia/Astia.

Is anyone selling any? Try B&H, Adorama ...
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks... I just ordered some Elite Chrome... it was cheap enough, and should work fine for a first slide film.
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a lot of Sensia 100 in my fridge. PM me if you are interested.

Shooter
    35mm
    The cheapest slide film I've seen is Rollei CR200 in 100ft package. Never bought it (yet).

Buying films in "large" packs (something like 20 cartridges at a time at least) on the internet, preferably when they are near their expiry date, or just expired, provided they are properly stored by a reputable seller, and then refrigerating them makes film quite inexpensive.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Funny timing, this was just posted on RFF:

Hi,

for those who want "the best bang for the buck":

The new AgfaPhoto CT 100 Precisa.

This new version is made by Fujifilm (the former was from Kodak).
    This new version has been intensively tested by lots of film experts.
    I have tested it also, and compared it to all other ISO 100 color slide and color negative films.

All who have tested this film so far came to the same conclusion, that this emulsion is almost identical to Provia 100F. It is either the Fuji Trebi 100 (Japanese amateur version of Provia), or Provia 100 batches, which are not 100% identical to Provia QC norms.
    No matter what it is, it is very hard to distinguish the results of CT Precisa from Provia 100F.

This film has finer grain, and much better resolution and sharpness than Reala, Pro 160C, Ektar, Portra 160.
    It also surpasses Efke 25 and Ilford PanF+ in detail rendition.
    That are not only my results, but also the test results of scientific tests from other experts (e.g. Antora, Garnier, Mueller, Serger, Ventzke, Petrovic).
    It's not surprising, because reversal film has been the prefered film in professional use for decades because of its better detail rendition (and because you always have an exact color reference for the scan and print).
    Color reproduction is very neutral and accurate with this film. It has not the warmer tendency of most Kodak films.
    If you want that, it is very easy, just use a Skylight 1A or 1B filter.

This excellent film is offered extremely cheap: In dm drugstores the double pack with two films is offered at only 6,45€!!
    Much cheaper than any other top quality ISO 100 film.
    You can also order it at our 'usual suspects' like www.fotobrenner.de, www.fotoimpex.de, www.nordfoto.de, www.foto-r3.com etc.

Cheers, Jan
    This isn't spam, I have no relationship to any of those companies or the OP on RFF. I haven't even tried the film. I've been pretty much using Provia and Velvia exclusively since I got into film a few years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best price I've found is Fuji Provia 100 from B&H.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "This film has finer grain, and much better resolution and sharpness than Reala, Pro 160C, Ektar, Portra 160. It also surpasses Efke 25 and Ilford PanF+ in detail rendition."

"It's not surprising, because reversal film has been the prefered film in professional use for decades because of its better detail rendition (and because you always have an exact color reference for the scan and print)."

Shenanigans.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, that's balderdash that a 100 slide film has finer grain than Ektar. The others strike me as quite questionable (what do they mean by "detail rendition?" Sharpness/resolving power?) too but that one is absurd.

OTOH if it really is Provia 100 just less expensive it could be a good deal. Too bad the real Agfa color films, both pos and neg, are no longer available. Oh, and Astia. And now E100G. And Ilfochrome. And...and... Sigh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The guy posting it has an agenda, to promote product. Propaganda.

also 'and because you always have an exact color reference for the scan and print' tells the whole story.

All the films mentioned far outresolve any flatbed scanner, which is what is typically used (I rate my V500 at about 26 lp/mm after testing).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin