Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,664   Online: 648

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by newcan1 View Post
    I also have some CD4 from Zone V, that I bought in 1987! It is a bit on the dark side, so I have it put aside for emergencies, but it still works. It may be about 10% or so less effective than the fresh stuff I am using. It's amazing how long dry chemistry keeps.
    Thanks, newcan1. I asked myself many times in the past 10 years if I should toss my Hydroxylamine Sulfate and CD-4. Glad that I did not actually let go the stuff. Never thought I would ever use it. Based on your message I probably need to increase the dosage of CD-4 to about 5.5 grams per liter of water. Hope to get to try it in the next few days.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    3 months after I posted the question I finally got a chance to do as suggested. I mixed the part A and B from a 10 liter C-41 replenisher kit to make a 10 liter replenisher without part C in it. I then prepared an 1 liter developer out of this developer by adding 30 ml of developer starter and 5 grams of CD-4. I ran a 120 roll of Ektar 100 with 330 ml of this developer. I produced one of the best negative I ever produced in my life. I can tell you not only this process works I confirmed for myself that Kodak Ektar is absolutely the best negative film to shoot with. The roll was shot more than a year ago and has been frozen ever since. The image is absolutely perfect and plenty of beautiful colors.

I thought I should report back. So this is it. Thanks to everyone who gave the excellent technical tip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin