Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,903   Online: 1063

Shooter
    35mm

Cibachrome-AII Paper 1988

An ophthalmic pathology lab gifted me a box of 50 sheets of 11x14 paper. It is labeled ILFORD CIBACHROME-AII, pearl finish, use before February 1988 (I was born in '86!).

Is there any way this paper is usable at all? The lab said it's been frozen since new. Unfortunately, they couldn't find any chemistry for it.

I have thousands of slides that I've never printed, and I've yet to start on my goal of making internegs of my favorites for RA4 prints. I thought trying to make a Cibachrome print of one or two slides might be a fun project, even if there are strange color shifts and whatnot.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    It might still be good. I have a box of the pearl finish RC paper that expired in 1994. It has been frozen the entire time and it is still good.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The odds aren't good. But if it was frozen the whole time it might work. This is an RC paper, not
    regular Cibachrome. You'd have to gamble the cost of a least a small set of the chem to find out.

Shooter
    35mm
    For some reason, I thought NOS Ilford P-30 kits could still be found. So far the only place I found them was B&H (88 USD), but they refuse to ship them. I haven't contacted B&H, but I did a search here and found a thread from several years ago in which several users reported that same thing.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    B&H won't ship the P-30 kit for some reason, but they will ship the P-3 chemicals. To get a P-30 from them, you have to go to the store and order it, then come back and pick it up when it arrives. The P-30 kits won't process too much paper. If you have a box of 100 sheets, you will need more than one kit to process all of it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Cool, thanks for the info. I need to do more research, but I'm starting to think I should just pass this paper to somebody else and concentrate on RA4 instead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJSLATER View Post
    Cool, thanks for the info. I need to do more research, but I'm starting to think I should just pass this paper to somebody else and concentrate on RA4 instead.
    It happens that I picked up some cibachrome chemicals a couple of months ago. It is propably bad but I have a 1 liter kit and a 2 liter kit.If you pay for shipping I'm happy to send you the smaller kit. I think it is complete but I'll have to check.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Peter, are you in the Netherlands? Shipping toxic chemicals from your location to mine might be prohibitively expensive.

Thank you though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah I am in the Netherlands. Didn't know it would be expensive to ship. Offer still stands though.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin