Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,169   Online: 1226

Shooter
    35mm

Washing Between Developers

Does anyone (PE?) know if there is any harm in washing a bit more than the specified time between developers? Not ony with the Kodak 7 step, but also how about with blix 4 step E6 process. With the Kodak I usually rinse longer after the FD, with the Arista/ Tetenal blix kits, I rinse extra long after the Color Developer step (before blix), until I see no magenta/purple stain to the rinse water. Im guessing this is excess color dye I am washing away, or maybe it is just CD that was soaked into the film emulsion. I dont see any problems with my images, but was wondering if extended rinses actually wash away some of my image / image depth, before it is fixed, and whether I should avoid this.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should be using an acid/sulfite stop following each developer (use a dedicated stop for 1st and another for 2nd), and follow these stops with a water rinse. You don't need a long wash, but only a rinse with a couple of water changes. If you are not using any stop then you risk contamination and/or staining.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't stop after first developer, it's supposed to be a 38 degrees celsius water bath for 2 minutes that weakly continues development in E-6 process. That rinse is supposed to be on time as it's part of the development process.

Stop after dev (if not bleaching straight up) in C-41.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin