Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,892   Online: 1250

Shooter
    Multi Format

C41 in Jobo CPE-2 question

Newbie at color process.

Need recommendations on chem. kit.
    Tetenal.. Photocolor.. Unicolor?

Films will usually be Portra.
    Imitation cameras come with big egos, real cameras do not include accessories.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    No problem, there are a number of good value kits available on both sides of the pond for the C41 and C6 processes.
    The Jobo processors handles both very well. The kits not mentioned are; Kodak, Patterson and Jobo. There is very little between them, all are very good but vary a little on chemical volume and time.
    There are detailed instructions with all the kits, so as long as you follow them to the letter you will have no trouble at all in getting perfect results.
    'Determine on some course more than a wild exposure to each chance' The Bard.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan. L-B
    No problem, there are a number of good value kits available on both sides of the pond for the C41 and C6 processes.
    The Jobo processors handles both very well. The kits not mentioned are; Kodak, Patterson and Jobo. There is very little between them, all are very good but vary a little on chemical volume and time.
    There are detailed instructions with all the kits, so as long as you follow them to the letter you will have no trouble at all in getting perfect results.
    Thanks, was only going by a few on the list at B&H, I would have already ordered the Kodak but they can't ship it. Grrrrr! Same thing with the Edwal film cleaner, they can no longer ship it due to regulations -- driving 3000 miles to pick up would tend to drive up the cost just a bit! Especially if ya get half-way back and remember you forgot something! :o

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try the Tetenal powder kit for your first foray into C41 with the Jobo. I use it with the CPP-2 processor and have been happy with the results. I have used it for Portra in 120 film size. I don't think there is an issue with shipping the little envelopes of powder - nice n light and not fragile. For a more local supplier who ships try Rainier Photo in Seattle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. I've used Glazer up there, but I'll check on the other.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin