Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,844   Online: 917

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fluorescent Filters for Correcting Green Cast of Cross-Processed Film?

I sometimes cross process Provia 100F, which appears to have a purple base after it comes out of the C-41 chemistry.

As a negative, the purple gets inverted either in scanning or an enlarger to produce a characteristic greenish cast in the images (if my understanding is correct). This is sometimes desirable, but other times not.

I have seen a few examples of other films, such as this page, where the author explains his use of a FL-W filter with E100G film to tame the greens commonly seen in cross processing.

I plan to do my own tests shortly, but I'm curious if anyone here at APUG has successfully used these types of filters to balance out (if not completely remove) green casts in cross-processed films.

Thanks,
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    P.S: I know the author of the page I linked thanks John Callow of APUG for this bit of advice.

If he or anyone else can provide further advice/sample images that use these methods, it'd be much appreciated

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin