Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,550   Posts: 1,599,046   Online: 783

Shooter
    Multi Format

Cutting paper from a roll

Hi guys
    Since I want to do some paper negatives with my shedload of Kodak Supra III, I would like to cut some 8x10 sheets off of my 20.3cm x 80m roll.
    But I do not know how to do this. Do any of you guys(and girls)?
    Thanks
    Ektachrome
    Kodachrome, Plus X, 669, 600, Ektachrome, BW400CN, FP3000B.
    Every time I find a film I like, they discontinue it!

Long live film!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Fix a guillotine to the table, clamp a stop 8" away parallel to the guillotine's blade. In total darkness, unroll a length of paper and start cutting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I cut color paper all the time under a #13 safelight. It's pretty dim, but you can see what you are doing. I've never had any problem with fogging either. I have a little stand I made to hold the roll of paper and I feed it across to my paper cutter. I set the stop for the size I am cutting and move right along. When I cut 4x5 paper, it goes very fast. I can do about 300-400 in an hour. Larger sizes go a lot slower.
    Make sure the paper is straight in the paper cutter. It's very easy to cut it crooked.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin