Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,078   Online: 806

Shooter
    Multi Format

Color film for Ecuador and Galapagos

I'm leaning towards taking a couple manual film cameras on my vacation, instead of my DSLR. Just writing that sounds crazy, since I've only shot one roll of color film and about 5 B&W. I've got two or three weeks to practice, I'll probably make the final decision at the end.

Which brings me to my actual question. What color film recommendations do you have for shooting wildlife, architecture and street shots? A film that might be more forgiving of mistakes, if there is such a thing?

Currently I'm thinking about taking Portra 160/400, based on some reading I did, and a handful of Tri-X. I just shot a roll of Portra 400, I'm dropping the film off after work, we'll see how I got along with that in a couple days, and how I like the colors. I'm hoping to get nice sharp photos with realistic colors. The one roll of color that I had developed was cheap Fuji indoor/outdoor. The colors were more saturated than I'd like for this trip.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Thanks,
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tropical destinations scream for a roll or two of Ektar. It just looks great in the blasting sun for some reason.

But if you want less saturation, Portra is your only other choice and is great too. Can't lose with these new Kodak colour films.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin