Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,499   Online: 1136

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji FP-100C45 Gone?

Is it my imagination, or has Fuji also exited the 4x5 peel apart business? Sigh...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think they still make the black and white 3000 speed film. Color is discontinued in 4x5.

This played heavily in my recent purchase of a 405 back for the 3.25x4.25 film. (That, and the fact I have a Polaroid back for my 645 Pro and this way I only have to stock one size instant film. Oh, and the slightly smaller film is about 1/3 the price of the 4x5.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The generally accepted word...yes, it does appear that production of 'color,'
    FP100c45 has ended. End of production of the FP3000b45 was announced last SEP.

No one has been able to provide a URL link to a Fuji statement, but seemingly reliable sources have
    been privy to direct communication from Fuji representatives, stating the 4 X 5 equipment has been idled.
    You had better stock-up now for any future projects using the 4" X 5".

The smaller, 3.25" X 4.25" is still being produced in 100 speed color, and 3200 speed b&w.

As stock of 4" X 5" instant dwindles, I wonder if sellers in Japan may have larger stocks?
    http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/i...d13fb38e891980

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no OFFICIAL word, but my distributor has it listed as "End Of Life" which means if you want some, get it NOW. I kind of wonder if they held back the news so dumb dealers like me would keep ordering the PA-45 backs. Guess I'll get stuck with those!
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc B. View Post
    The generally accepted word...yes, it does appear that production of 'color,'
    FP100c45 has ended. End of production of the FP3000b45 was announced last SEP.

No one has been able to provide a URL link to a Fuji statement, but seemingly reliable sources have
    been privy to direct communication from Fuji representatives, stating the 4 X 5 equipment has been idled.
    You had better stock-up now for any future projects using the 4" X 5".

The smaller, 3.25" X 4.25" is still being produced in 100 speed color, and 3200 speed b&w.

As stock of 4" X 5" instant dwindles, I wonder if sellers in Japan may have larger stocks?
    http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/i...d13fb38e891980
    Wow, the black and white was axed before it, huh? Didn't know that.

Helen B. (not Helen Oster, sorry for the confusion!) has posted here that it is discontinued. Give me a minute and I'll find the link.

EDIT: Here it is, and she does say the 3000b is gone too:

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1353007
    Last edited by Roger Cole; 06-11-2012 at 09:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post

Helen from Adorama has posted here that it is discontinued. Give me a minute and I'll find the link.

EDIT: Here it is, and she does say the 3000b is gone too:

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1353007
    Roger, you have me confused with Helen Oster from Adorama. I'm Helen Bach - just a commercial photographer who uses a lot of FP-100C45 in the studio (to proof for 4x5 E100G shots). I got the news directly from a Fuji film rep last October - he said that there was enough in stock at Fuji for 18 month's normal demand, less if people panic bought.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B View Post
    Roger, you have me confused with Helen Oster from Adorama. I'm Helen Bach - just a commercial photographer who uses a lot of FP-100C45 in the studio (to proof for 4x5 E100G shots). I got the news directly from a Fuji film rep last October - he said that there was enough in stock at Fuji for 18 month's normal demand, less if people panic bought.

Best,
    Helen
    Oops! Sorry Helen - I only knew one Helen who seemed to know a lot about product availability. Apologies for the confusion.

Oh and if "Hell's Kitchen" is a real place, I just took it as a metaphor for somewhere in New York, so it even seemed to fit!

But never the less, this stuff seems to be going away.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, it's gone, with Google translation.

There, last September. It's the link to the 3000 speed film, the "peeling apartments" type.
    The smaller size will still be available.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin