Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,465   Online: 1044

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Examples of UC neg and EBX slide film for landscapes. The first 2 shots are on 400UC, which, being a portrait negative film with optimized skin tones (reduced red sensitivity at certain wavelengths), has bleached the red from the sunset, and shifed its color to yellow. In the Haceta Head lighthouse shot, you can see another attribute of these types of portrait films (400UC at least) - it reinforces the white of the waves, presuambly to give whiter, fairer looking complexions.
    The other 3 shots were taken on slide film, showing the vibrant colors these films produce. This was EBX, a very enhanced cololr film, maybe too much for some people. But I like such results, and it is one of my great regrets that I did not have EBX loaded when I took the Haceta Head shot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pukalo/...7622503125349/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kleinmeister - Velvia might look nice as a projected slide, but just try printing it! I've got a LOT of
    experience doing exactly that, including large format shots from SW canyon country. Something like
    Provia, Astia, or E100G is much more cooperative. I like Velvia for boosting low-contrast lighting
    conditions, not for general use. As far a color neg films go, I think Ektar gives hope. Haven't taken
    it to the SW yet, but experiments with similar rich earthtones up on Haleakala in Maui turned out
    remarkably well. Can't compare Ultracolor - the only roll I've got is long expired, and will be consigned
    intact to my "museum" of unopened boxes, along with my last roll of 120 Kodachrome.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ah I see, never tried printing it analog...only scanning and inkjet unfortunately.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I know professional scan operators who curse Velvia too. It's just, well, Velvia ... and has its relevant place in the food chain just like sharks and alligators ... but not waters you want to swim in just any ole day. Certain things it does wonderfully, and I have personally used quite a bit of it,
    though not necessarily for the stereotypical saturated applications.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin