Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,550   Online: 780

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have my mf film developed at Rite Aid. I think the send it to Dwayne's. Never had an issue, but then it's not being done in house so the idiot factor is removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sad!

Though you could try overexposing several stops and treating them as a pull process

But then you have no idea if it'll be consistently at that level next time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want good results send your work to a professional lab who is set up to handle the output of pros. and serious workers not happy snappers, to quote an Americanism "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys".
    Last edited by benjiboy; 06-23-2012 at 09:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    The Rite Aids around here are all send off. Walgreens does 1 hour film developing, and so far I have had good luck with them. I was mailing film to York Photo, but in the past year, their quality has really taken a nose dive, to the point of negatives being cut wrong and them trying to print 2 frames on one sheet. I have been buying the Tetenal/unicolor kit from Freestyle, but its a bit of a pain to save up my rolls for batch processing.

Does anyone know if Target still does film developing?

Shooter
    35mm
    I've not seen any targets in Central IL that do film developing. Meijer (a great lakes regional chain) and Wal-Mart contract with Fuji to do their film developing. If I'm not mistaken, at least in the Midwest, Fuji sends their non-35mm and non-C41 process film to Dwayne's.

I've had E6 sent through Wal-Mart's send out (to Fuji) service recently with no complaints. Turnaround time for C-41 is 3-7 days, E6 is 10-14 days.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    If you want good results send your work to a professional lab who is set up to handle the output of pros. and serious workers not happy snappers, to quote an Americanism "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys".
    Hmmm...I keep getting elephants. Monkeys are better, as they take up so much less room.

On the other hand, elephants don't spend all their time banging away on my typewriter, trying to write Shakespeare...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Someone should tell the CEO's of some of these companies that are paying workers peanuts this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To update everyone: I called Rite Aid corporate and alerted them of the situation. I doubt anything will happen other than having a field tech come out to look at the machine and scold the operators.

I tried the Walgreens down the road, and quality was much better. My mom has used this Walgreens for years for her film and digital prints, and knows the tech. He is a really great tech. I want to do more test rolls over a longer period of time (and I'll probably never give them important film), but as it stands now I have a good local lab to use.

Shooter
    127 Format
    More likely they'll pull the machine out altogether.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, my Costco doesn't process film anymore. The do make fine prints from digital files. I tried them on a scan I'd made from some Ilford 125 speed that I'd souped myself, to see if they could produce a neutral BW, and on a couple digital files from my K10d. Excellent results, the BW was stunning for the price, $1.49! A truly fine 8x12. Their color from the K10d was fine, also.

The young woman running the photo department seemed to know her stuff, she suggested that I go to their website for profiles for their printer. Certainly a good way to get good work cheap and quick.

Someone mentioned Target, I find no hint on their website that they do film work any more. So sad. I don't mind doing BW, I have in the past done Ektachrome, but never C-41. Having enough film to soup before the solutions go off is a real worry.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin