Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,401   Online: 907

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Time to dump Walgreens and Rite-Aid? Here's a mail order possibility.

Here in the Atlanta GA area film processing is hard to find. There's Wolf Camera, which is bankrupt, again, and a couple of pro shops, very fine quality but expensive.

I ran across this site on the Atlanta Photographers Guild Flickr www.sharpprints.com I visited the site and the prices are really excellent, plus they offer processing of the film only, you print or scan yourself. Since the Wolf Camera near me, only about 3 miles away, closed I've been looking for a service, since while I do my own BW I'm not too eager to re-enter E-6 and C-41.

Shipping can be a deal breaker, but their rates are moderate. Prints on Fuji Crystal are really inexpensive.

Any one have any experience with these folk?

Chillicothe, "Home of Sliced Bread", Missouri
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The local Wal Mart here in Chillicothe, MO stopped all in house 35mm develop/print in Feb. of this year during the remodel. I just spoke the the tech that has been doing film processing as well as continuing his analog film work of his own. They were collecting dropped off film and someone would come in a couple of times per week to pick up/drop off orders for film developing. Keith told me the other day that even this has now changed. Now they wait until they have enough (no numbers) film and SEND it out to the lab (no names). The lab then develops the film, scans the film, sends the digital images to the local store. From this point the FILM IS DESTROYED! The images are then printed in house at the local store. This sucks. I was using them for develop/cd only, and I think it was around 6 bucks per roll. The only place here to get film developed is at Walgreens, and they get $9 buck per roll. For serious work I'll use the darkroom, even if it cost 20 buck or so per roll....
    Jackie
    Cameras.
    Nikon F2a (semi-retired), Nikon 28mm, Sigma 500mm f8, Vivitar Series I 70-210 zoom
    2 Nikon N90s one 70 - 300 AF Macro, one 100 - 300 AF)
    Nikon N90 w/ 100 - 300 AF lens, 24-50 AF, 35-70 AF
    Mamiya C220 80mm f2.8, 180mm f4.5, 135mm f4.5, 65mm f6.5

Three Sony Mavica Digital cameras, and a Fuji FinePix S2800HD I got after the partner died.. HP Photosmart E327
    and some Bushnell Binoculars with digit camera built in.
    Omega Super Chromega C-700 6X7 enlarger with 50mm and 80mm lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeehound View Post
    From this point the FILM IS DESTROYED!Jackie
    Where do idiots like this come from? Don't they know that it isn't their property and they have no right to do this?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    it was scanned and returned to the store ...

how is the film destroyed ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to use Walgreens for develop only of my color stuff until a few years ago. When they had volume the chems got refreshed enough but later on my film started to come back with sludge and chemical stains. One was so bad I told them they should refund me or discount at least. The stains and dust were bad but probably with some PS work when scanning I could make do but with extra work on my part of course. They said they could refund me but only if they got to keep the film. So MY film that they screwed up with their developing, they would refund the development cost but only if they kept MY film which I paid for originally. I told them to stuff it, kept the poorly developed film and never went back.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin