Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,605   Online: 1117

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    500$ will pay it self off after the 50th (or 200th sheet of 4X5) roll of film you put through it, should not take more then 2-3 weeks...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you tried these people?

http://peiphotolab.fotosource.com/co...ng.html?id=179

Photo Central here in Winnipeg is a fotosource affiliate. The one in PEI should be able to source Kodak brand c41 as well as b&w chemicals.
    Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wish I would be able to find 50 rolls to develop in Atlantic Canada, I would start a C-41 processing business here.
    I could try a ad on Kijji to see if the demand is there.
    PEI Photo Lab are the people whom supplied my Kodak E6 5L Kit, since they had government orders at the same time I would get a great price.
    Now I imagine the price will go up quite a bit since they purchase a lot less from Kodak in general as film, chemicals etc.
    Shipping rates are another issue.
    I will research what Kodak has to offer to see what matches my processing times on the Phototherm.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i meant you will shoot 50 rolls.... i thought most poeple shoot that much anyways...
    i tell my students the 20 roll brick they get on the first of the semester should last not more then that week or two....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will never shoot 50 rolls of color negative film over the summer & fall.
    I specialize in panoramic format landscape photography, even previously with Velvia 50 film where exposure is critical, I would only expose 1 frame with no problem for a perfect transparency in order not to waste film. It will be like a walk in the park with neg film & C-41 for the latitude in exposures.
    I also photograph B&W & B&W infrared, I will reach about 50 rolls with color & B&W combined. I am really starting to miss E6 now, the results were amazing, hopefully I won't be disappointed with Kodak Ektar & C-41 with all the headaches to get there. Here is a sample image Velvia 100- Kodak E6 - 7 Step.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GreenwichCP.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	352.6 KB 
ID:	52827
    Last edited by Bronica645; 06-22-2012 at 07:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    if you shoot so little film, why not just send it out?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can't, Too rewarding, the whole process from exposure to development & scanning.
    Besides it's also fun, although the situation I'm in isn't too much fun. I'll find a solution.
    You can't teach a old dog new tricks, I have been photographing & developing for 40 years now.
    Last edited by Bronica645; 06-22-2012 at 06:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You could try looking further afield. Maco Direct will ship to Canada and they sell the Rollei c41 kits in various sizes. The 5L (100 roll) kit cost 56 euros and shipping to Canada is 49 euros. I don't know what the exchange rate is, or if you'd get dinged for import duty, but it might make sense for the kind of volumes you are dealing with.

I'm sure it isn't as economical as buying in the huge bulk quantities, but then you have to worry about trying to sell it on.

Also the rollei kits have fantastic shelf life for the concentrates, so you could use it over a couple of years.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronica645 View Post
    I'm located on PEI, my best bet would be Henry's Camera, although they do not list Kodak C-41 chemicals on their site.
    I used to get my Kodak E6 5L Kits here locally since the government would also order some, those days are long gone.
    I have no problems with B&W chemicals locally as yet, color is a issue.
    The other problem is that I need to right development times for my processor or if I do change the programing chip I need these chemicals to be available for a while.
    I am just starting on the C-41 process again, last time I processed C-41 was 1975, processing E6 since then.
    This makes matters a little more difficult.
    If there is a local photo store, and they are a Kodak dealer, get the part numbers from Kodak, and have them order the stuff for you. Forget Henry's, they are no longer interested in film and film products, just replacing last years $400 digital camera with this years $400 digital camera. There is the place in Winnipeg, they should be able to ship chemicals to you, if the local guy isn't interested.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well my plan to Stop/Wash for 8 min. before the Blix Steps proved to be a bad idea.
    Now to try a 8 Min. Wash after the Blix since I still have to use up my Jobo 1L Kit for now.
    I thought of Maco Direct for Rollei Kits, I will check locally also.Winnipeg is also a option once I figure out what Kodak offers.
    How bad was the idea, this bad :Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	789.8 KB 
ID:	52844

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin