Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,792   Online: 974

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right here, first list in this post, complete with product codes.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/9...-get-them.html

This is also what I bought from Photo Central.

> > Flexicolor SM:
    > > Case/Pack Size
    > > Developer 1756337 6 x 2L
    > > Bleach 8824690 2 x 2.7L
    > > Fixer 8462681 2 x 3.9L
    > > Rinse 1925254 12 x 1.5L
    Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's great Bob,Thanks, maybe I'll try find customers for processing, what is the name, the developing steps & times for the chemicals you have experience with?
    Finally the 8 minute Wash after the Blix works out better, the Test result below is Kodak ColorPlus 200, no adjustments, a direct scan. Actually the Test I messed up, shown on a previous post on this thread was the same film, no adjustments either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	489.4 KB 
ID:	52848
    Last edited by Bronica645; 06-23-2012 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bob,
    I did some research, if I could order these Chemicals would be great:
    Kodak Developer 1756337 6 x 2L
    Kodak Bleach 8824690 2 x 2.7L
    Kodak Fixer 8462681 2 x 3.9L
    Kodak Rinse 1925254 12 x 1.5L
    can you get a price quote with shipping to PEI, C1A 5G1?
    Never mind answering what I asked previously. I checked the Tech Sheet from your link,
    I'll see if PEI Photo Lab could order on Monday & the price to compare.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Photocentral in Winnipeg have a web site, see http://www.photocentral.ca contact info on the bottom of the mail page. Just email them the Kodak product codes and ask for a quote.
    Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bob,
    Will do, thanks for the info.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My local Photo Store/ Lab is willing to share some Fuji CN 16L Chemicals with me at a very reasonable cost.
    Although these chemicals are intended for use with Mini Lab Processors, these are the processing times with their unit:
    Developer: 3:15 minutes, which is standard.
    Bleach: 1:00 minute
    Fix: 2:00 minutes
    I have the Tech sheet for the chemicals, mixing directions for the above processing times.
    The chemicals must be super concentrated to Bleach & Fix in a minute & 2 minutes for each step.
    I am thinking of diluting the Bleach & Fix with 4X more water in order to be able to
    Bleach & Fix for 6 minutes since I cannot change the processing times on the Phototherm.
    Would this idea make sense to anyone?
    I am not worried about the Bleach since you can't over Bleach a negative within a reasonable time.
    The Fix is really the only issue, over fixing will affect the contrast & density of the negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronica645 View Post
    The Fix is really the only issue, over fixing will affect the contrast & density of the negative.
    No it practically won't. It can happen with B&W film (though many believe that this is often exaggerated; I doubt you couldn't see that at just 3x overfixing), but color is completely different with no such mechanism.

On the other hand, I'm not too sure which additional chemicals those quick "Rapid Access" processing chemicals have (it's not just higher concentration!), so I can't say for sure about how they react with film if bleached or fixed for too long.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Bleach is 667 ml Bleach to 333 ml Water for the mixing formula to every Liter of working solution which seems as a normal ratio mix for Bleach.
    There must be something added for the Bleach to speed up the process as mentioned.
    The Fix however is different, for the the Mini Lab process the film travels through 2 Fix Tanks at a minute each.
    The 1st Fix Tank's mixing formula is 385 ml Fix to 557 ml Water & 38 ml Bleach for 1 Liter of working solution.
    The second Tank's mixing formula is 333 ml Fix to 667 ml Water for 1 Liter of working solution.
    I could try a test, I would only have one Fixer Step 333 ml Fix 677 Water.
    The Bleach step is 6 minutes, I do not see any point adding Bleach to the Fix, the Fixer step is also 6 minutes should fix the film.
    Last edited by Bronica645; 06-26-2012 at 05:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm 99.99% sure it will work just perfectly with the procedure you describe.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I appreciate the positive opinion, hrst, Thanks
    I found something else in the Fuji Tech sheets, the First Fix Tank contains Bleach for the Mini Lab process described as: with Aeration.
    Perhaps this is just one part other actions, as the transport of the film, which helps the film Bleach & Fix with shorter times.
    In a Rotary Processor the: with Aeration is omitted.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin