Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,400   Online: 685

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Have you guys seen this? Kodak Color Paper Cut

Sorry if this is a re-post....but me like!

I didn't realize anyone was doing this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 写真.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Link to purchase?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    In Europe both Macodirect and AG-Photographic are selling cut Kodak and Fuji papers, as well as rolls. I doubt they are doing this packaging themselves (they are distributors not manufacturers) so there are most likely many other vendors too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are other vendors, some in the US. I've ended up with some of this paper and tried it compared to cut-sheet endura. A few caveats come to mind:

1) the paper has a significant amount of curl, and it's usually in the short dimension. It's a bit of a pain to get it to lie flat in the easel.

2) It's Supra endura VC, which is not designed for optical printing, AFAIK. Might be some crossover issues ?

3) the base is not as thick as cut-sheet endura, it feels a little more flimsy, not too bad but not as nice as cut-sheet endura.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No where on those labels do I see Kodak! So, who made it?

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Look carefully and you'll see letters from the english alphabet - Kodak, vc, f.

I cut from rolls all the time - 5" thru 60". I've never experienced any negative issues as the result of paper curl as paper is usually rolled onto the spool emulsion side in.

Doesn't the ebay vendor ultrafine online offer ra4 paper rendered to sheets? Or freestyle or someone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, thanks. I see it now. It reads Kodak Supra VC in mixed Romaji and Kana. Reading sideways in 2 alphabets is sometimes confusing.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Yes, thanks. I see it now. It reads Kodak Supra VC in mixed Romaji and Kana. Reading sideways in 2 alphabets is sometimes confusing.

PE
    Sorry for sideways....It was the correct orientation when I uploaded, but the up-loader switched it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Comparing to cut-sheet endura, I found that the cut-from-roll versions had the curl in the short dimension, and it definitely did not lie as flat in the easel as regular cut-sheet endura. Usually a little reverse-curling by hand (per sheet) cured it enough to get it to lie reasonably flat, but it adds a step and is easy to crinkle the paper doing that if you arent' careful. All things considered, I much prefer the factory-cut stuff. If only Kodak would make that again....

Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    I cut from rolls all the time - 5" thru 60". I've never experienced any negative issues as the result of paper curl as paper is usually rolled onto the spool emulsion side in.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin