Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,982   Online: 896

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    Wow! This is the first time I heard that you can do C-41 at 75 degrees. This will make life so much easier. Just curious. How did you figure out this magic formula?
    If you try it, be prepared to have poor sensitometric results. In other words, characteristic curves that aren't parallel or are misshapen. In other words, degraded color.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newtorf View Post
    Wow! This is the first time I heard that you can do C-41 at 75 degrees. This will make life so much easier. Just curious. How did you figure out this magic formula?
    It is easier and more quick to just heat it up to about 104-106 deg F and process normally. You get much nearer to the good process (that including preheat and water bath you probably find tedious) like this. You also save time at the correct temperature, because the room temperature development time is LONG.

For color mismatch and subdued saturation, you can do it in room temperature too, but there is nothing more "easy" in that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It sounds then I might be better off using the special pads on the existing negatives and in future change my drying procedure. For B/W use the photo-flow with color, since the kit has a stabilizer already it seems the squeegee is necessary. Also using filtered water would help....I need to replace Pur system that kept falling off so I stopped using it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I'm aware, the only C-41 kit available in the U.S. that has separate bleach and fix is the Rollei Digibase kit that Freestyle has for sale. Unfortunately, although it is a great product, it is now only available in one size. Reportedly Freestyle is going to begin carrying Tetenal products soon, but I don't know if they'll have a kit with bleach/fix. The largest size Rollei Digibase kit was my choice, since I could mix up smaller amounts of chemistry as I needed it, and I don't shoot enough color to justify buying large amounts of Kodak Flexicolor bulk chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the only C-41 kit available in the U.S. that has separate bleach and fix is the Rollei Digibase kit that Freestyle has for sale.
    You can get Kodak's Flexicolor chemistry from the Photographer's Formulary.

http://stores.photoformulary.com/Detail.bok?no=965

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cepwin View Post
    For B/W use the photo-flow with color, since the kit has a stabilizer already it seems the squeegee is necessary.
    The stabilizer in your kit already contains a photo-flo equivalent. If you water is "normal" and if your dilution is correct in theory you should have no problems. I do use demineralized water for the stabilizer though, it's a very small cost and it makes a lot of sense. I use tap water for all other baths.

There is no reason to use squeegee unless you are in a hurry. Actually if you use a drying cabinet there is no reason at all because you can have your film perfectly dry in 20 minutes or so.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin