Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,037   Online: 813

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo C-41 Press Kit

I recently purchased a Jobo Press Kit to tie me over until I could get Fuji & Kodak chemicals.
    I read previous posts regarding water marks which I also received on my negatives.
    This is last time I use this Kit, unfortunate since the Developing & Blix steps seemed to prove excellent results.
    Having read previous posts I even mixed the Developer, Blix (just in case) & Stabilizer with Distilled Water.
    The film was dried with the Phototherm dryer, therefore possibly dried too quickly for this Stabilizer.
    I have never had any issues whatsoever with the Kodak E-6 7 Step Processing.
    The C-41 is proving to be very challenging, I thought it would be easier for processing.
    Hopefully processing will be smoother with the Fuji & Kodak C-41 Chemicals.
    The marks can be seen in the image below....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LupinsM.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	660.7 KB 
ID:	53166

Shooter
    35mm
    Although I don't have very much experience with water marks (don't experience the problem) the vertical banding I see in the sky of your picture doesn't look like water marks to me.

Could it be something having to do with lack of uniformity during processing?
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I agree with Diapositivo. Are you hand processing?

Regarding water marks, I add 2 ml of photoflow in the stabalizer and never had a spot since. I run the process in a Jobo ATL.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Actually there are also some water marks, maybe not so noticeable in the photo, although there.
    There was some problem with Development & Blix process, as you mentioned.
    The exposure is fine. Maybe I will put in 50 mil of extra chemical.
    It was processed with a Phototherm. Never had problems with E6.
    I will test the Fuji & Kodak chemicals for the next roll, in the meantime lots of retouching with Photoshop.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I may have found a problem , the lines feeding the Phototherm the chemicals were too long leaving some chemicals in the tubing.
    Not very much although maybe enough to contaminate the fresh chemicals if they were sitting in the tubing for 5 days in this present heat.
    I shorten the lines & cleaned them for the next process. Hopefully that will help. The next process will be with the Bleach & Fixer apart which is also more suited for the Phototherm. I did rinse again with some Photo Flo & Stabilizer to try to salvage the film, it helped for the Water marks, much better but still a few marks left.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin