Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,118   Online: 1115

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Ultrafine RA-4 paper problem

I was trying out some Ultrafine RA-4 paper the other night. I'm getting this result: Any idea what's causing the overall orange stain? I'm processing at 95deg F using Kodat RA-4 chemistry. The same negative pronts fine on Kodak paper. The Ultrafine is re-branded Agfa paper and claims to work with all RA-4 processes.
    I think this is some kind of processing issue - not a filtration issue as the borders of the print are also orange even though they have no exposure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UltrafinePaper.jpg  
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi I had similar problems on AGFA paper. Try exposing piece to full light with some unexposed area, and another strip with no exposure what so ever. Then the 1st strip (exposed) in dev + blix and the 2nd without dev directly to blix. If you get the same orange/yellow could be BLIX being too strong (temp or mixture) on THAT kind of paper.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for your reply. My first thought was that something was wrong with the BLIX. However, when I put an unexposed piece of paper directly into the BLIX, it came out perfectly white.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds. - Bob Marley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How old is this paper? Could it simply be useless from age?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Do you have a blue light (indicator LED?) that might be fogging the paper?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    How old is this paper? Could it simply be useless from age?
    It's possible. I've had the paper for a while - maybe a year or so. Hard to tell as the box doesn't have an exp. date.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Do you have a blue light (indicator LED?) that might be fogging the paper?
    I don't think it's fogging. I don't have a blue led anywhere, and other paper I have prints fine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin