Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,137   Online: 824

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Agfa CT Precisa 100. Unfortunately it's only available in 35mm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I didn't recognize the value of astia till it was too late...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I didn't recognize the value of astia till it was too late...
    Me either...
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Too sad to go through it all again but at least with Ilfochrime also gone I don't care as much as I otherwise would. Sigh
    Ilfochrome is not really gone! Ilford prominently displayed 2 Artists at Photokina this year to promote it again. I spoke to Ilford officials at the booth and they said that Ilfochrome is just not distributed right now, but it is by no means dead. You would have to go through Ilford Switzerland to procure it. And they also have connected photofinishers there that develop it.

Here are links to one of the two Artists' projects. Forgot the name of the other one unfortunately. (The pictures were nicer though, directly exposed on the Ilfochrome paper in an ULF Camera)

http://www.ilford.com/en/community/chrome-camera-blog/

http://www.chrome-camera.com/Home.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well if they're still making it, they should distribute it. I recall reading that they had a contract for some military purchases until some future date. Maybe they just don't want to fool with it once that's up, but are selling some small amounts directly to people who ask for it.

It had become almost prohibitively expensive even before they stopped distributing it, though. The price of paper+chems needs to come in at no more than about twice to three times RA4 prices (in similarly small quantities) to make it very viable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Up here, too, Astia in 120 format disappeared some time back. However, it can still be found here and there in 35mm format. On-line the film is available at http://donsphoto.com/products.html?c...n%5D=relevance The price is a bit steep - we Canadians are well acquainted with getting screwed on many things photographic (why I shop at KEH, B&H Camera, Adorama et al, and have the majority of my film processed at Dwayne's) - but for the hard-core Astiaphile, the price might be digestible...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Astia film can still be found for sale in China. Is this film too old to consider or should I buy some to experience what it once was like?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Astia film can still be found for sale in China. Is this film too old to consider or should I buy some to experience what it once was like?
    Astia seems a bit sensitive to poor storage. I used some 2nd hand films that were only just expired and already looked different, while some older astia I stored in the fridge still looked the same as ever.

If the seller stored them cool and the date isn't to bad than buy as much as you can! Just be a little careful with this film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin