Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,611   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've been having notchless 5x7 film developed by LTINYC for years now. It is critical to load the refrema racks with the sheets' emulsion side facing the same direction. For this reason, all the film they receive from me has the emulsion side oriented the same way in the download box and the direction is plainly marked on the outside of the box. Ne'er a problem.

However, if after cutting you've forgotten which side has the emulsion do not panic - a simple test will show you (and it can be done in the dark). When handled by the edges all film sags. Whether you do this holding the sheet from the short sides or the long sides, the emulsion side is always the side that curls inward.

Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    frotog... thanks for the tips!!

A gazillion years ago if I was confused about which was the emulsion side I very slightly dampened a finger (tiny bit of spit) and felt at an extreme edge for the sticky side. The film I used was always stickier on the emulsion side. I only got confused a couple of times and never got into the image area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not just use a hole punch rigged up to cut a notch in the appropriate area? No confusion then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^^^ Because that's another step to add dust... and... well 'cause I'm lazy.

I'll consider it anyway but I don't know how to set that up. Maybe a 3-hole punch and only use one end??

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to simply cut off a small triangular piece of the corner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    I used to simply cut off a small triangular piece of the corner.
    That's a quick/easy solution. Works for me!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin