Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,051   Online: 942

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It still doesn't look like a chemical or processing glitch to me, just flare. Your description of the back of the lensboard sounds warning bells. Take the tape off and use pot black/flat black paint, same with any other interior surface near the lens.
    E6 films can show a nasty green cast in black shadow areas caused by sloppy processing, or less commonly blotches or streaks. I have never seen E6 film with a pink or blue fault that can be put down to processing; maybe it's because after the lab's first (and only) fault that being put on notice was enough to keep the quality control on track. It's working: I'm still with them.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I will try to conduct some tests. The Astia indoor portrait with the same lens/lensboard didn't show any flare nor stains. Maybe because the focus distance was shorter, the lensboard was farther away from the film?... It was also completely shaded by the Speed Graphic's bed on portrait position (no rotating back).
    Indeed I feel better about my E6 chemical process and also quite happy the problem doesn't seem to come from the expired sheets.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My guess is flare, I would shoot a couple more sheets and see if you get the same results.
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin