Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,549   Online: 1170

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I saved 38 women from being sexually abused today, I controlled myself .
    That is way offside.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Free expression is fine except when it belittles anyone who has less social 'power' - then it is less about humurous critique than reinforcement of an already-existing unfairness! Jokes are for making life fun, but life's too short to not be respectful of everybody! Beyond anything, it really makes the world nicer.

Marc! (relaxing in Munich)
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    That is way offside.
    They didn't think so , lighten up Dinesh it was a joke.
    Ben

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvo86 View Post
    ...I had really been considering the new Plustek scanner along with a good printer. ...
    Anyway, I must say....after today's darkroom session, I am no longer thinking about it.
    I was able to get exactly what I wanted only spending about $80 dollars.
    What do you guys think?
    ...back to the OP's question, I went through much the same process before I built my "last" darkroom, questioning the onslaught of new technologies of printing. At the time I may have, erroneously as it turns out, thought that it would all be so much easier. I finally concluded, not based on economics, that I had to stick with my strong suit, producing unique, archival-ly stable, hand made prints by classical means. The fact that my costs haven't changed since I built it, and are pretty much based only on consumables, may occasionally result in a slight internal smirk of satisfaction, but the real bonus comes from knowing, as you have said, that I can produce a fine print directly, and literally, by my own hand, with little or no technological intervention.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can't tell you how pleased this makes me. I hope to be making my first prints this weekend so it is good to hear others are having good success.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    I'm proud, like him, of my freedom of expression and I don't think you should be proud of your moralistic/zealot attitude toward those talking with you. Your opinion about somebody else's expressions is irrelevant and off-topic, doesn't help the conversation, doesn't help anybody, and doesn't help cretin woman either!
    So, I take it your answer is "yes"?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    They didn't think so , lighten up Dinesh it was a joke.
    Rape joke, ha ha.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Lovely job! Do you need a special enlarger/filters to print color or is it a matter of paper + chemistry? I was given an enlarger by someone who was no longer using it and my plan is to attempt my first B/W printing this weekend...no excuses now...I have the chemistry, a bucket to mix it in and containers to store it in, paper, etc!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepwin View Post
    Lovely job! Do you need a special enlarger/filters to print color or is it a matter of paper + chemistry? I was given an enlarger by someone who was no longer using it and my plan is to attempt my first B/W printing this weekend...no excuses now...I have the chemistry, a bucket to mix it in and containers to store it in, paper, etc!

Finally, thread is back on track.

You need a color enlarging head with the ability to manipulate cyan, magenta, and yellow.

Or...alternatively, you need color filter for bellow the lens.

All in all, you'll need to change your color balance some way to get it right.

Good luck with the BW. (You can use a color head for BW too.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Rape joke, ha ha.
    I don't think that's what he meant.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin