Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,424   Online: 1107

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Saved $2500 dollars today!

I shoot a lot of black and white, but I also love color. (Portra 400 is my favorite.)

However, I had really been considering the new Plustek scanner along with a good printer. (Probably 13x19)

Anyway, I must say....after today's darkroom session, I am no longer thinking about it.

I was able to get exactly what I wanted only spending about $80 dollars. (Chemistry and 100 sheets of FCA)

What do you guys think?

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=56658

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Employing women's logic, what are you going to spend the money you saved on?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Steve.
    Photographing shoes?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I mean the logical way of thinking "If I buy this dress in the sale with $50 off, I can use the money for new shoes/hat/bag".

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Steve.
    At this point...likely more film.

I've also been eying a Canon 24mm 1.4L.

But that's besides the point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know it's a dirty word, but if you run into limitations with your darkroom space, Durst Lambdas do a hell of a job on FCA, or Endura, or Fomatone, or just about anything else under the sun. I ran into an issue last summer where I wanted to make 30x30" prints from my 6x6 color negatives, and seeing as I lack the facilities to do so, I went the Lambda route. I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

I would hazard the statement that these prints would have been nigh impossible to make in a darkroom, without extensive masking, an enlarger made out of cast-iron, bolted to the floor, critically aligned three times over, and located in a darkroom in a rural area with absolutely no environmental vibration to speak of.

That being said, with all that money you saved, why not take a trip?
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    I know it's a dirty word, but if you run into limitations with your darkroom space, Durst Lambdas do a hell of a job on FCA, or Endura, or Fomatone, or just about anything else under the sun. I ran into an issue last summer where I wanted to make 30x30" prints from my 6x6 color negatives, and seeing as I lack the facilities to do so, I went the Lambda route. I was pleasantly surprised with the results.

I would hazard the statement that these prints would have been nigh impossible to make in a darkroom, without extensive masking, an enlarger made out of cast-iron, bolted to the floor, critically aligned three times over, and located in a darkroom in a rural area with absolutely no environmental vibration to speak of.

That being said, with all that money you saved, why not take a trip?

Thanks for the info. I can print 20x24 in the darkroom here, but I suspect I won't get any bigger than 16x20. Printing color is challenging enough without have to deal with a larger print.

Anyway...why not take a trip?

I'm already in Japan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suppose that's as good a reason as any!
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    I suppose that's as good a reason as any!
    Nah, My family and I are already going back to the U.S. this winter.

But anyway...There's no need to make a point here...cause everyone get's it.

I just hear how expensive analog is....so I thought I'd share.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvo86 View Post
    I shoot a lot of black and white, but I also love color. (Portra 400 is my favorite.)

However, I had really been considering the new Plustek scanner along with a good printer. (Probably 13x19)

Anyway, I must say....after today's darkroom session, I am no longer thinking about it.

I was able to get exactly what I wanted only spending about $80 dollars. (Chemistry and 100 sheets of FCA)

What do you guys think?

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=56658
    I saved 38 women from being sexually abused today, I controlled myself .
    Ben

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin