Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,383   Online: 1031

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

SUCESSFUL TEST----YAAAAAHHHHOOOOOO

Well, I don't think I have lost my touch. Thank Goodness.
    I mixed RA-4 this evening and took an old Vericolor lll negative of my parents, been deceased for a number of years, and used this for a test negative with the new color setup. I had written down the filtration from when I printed it in the mid 80's and used this to start. I couldn't believe it printed the same filtertration. Back then I was using Kodak paper and this test was with Fuji. It took only 3 test pieces for the exposure standard. I am totally floored that it worked out this good with trays. I had set up a safelight and blocked it off until I could just barely see the tray. Made a safelight test with paper partially blocked off on half of it and it didn't show any signs of color shift.
    Now I have to get the film dept. setup going. I'll do that this weekend and shoot a roll of Ektar.
    Just thought I'd shout a little on here on the sucessful setup.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I mixed RA-4 this evening and took an old Vericolor lll negative of my parents, been deceased for a number of years, and used this for a test negative with the new color setup. I had written down the filtration from when I printed it in the mid 80's and used this to start. I couldn't believe it printed the same filtertration. Back then I was using Kodak paper and this test was with Fuji. It took only 3 test pieces for the exposure standard. I am totally floored that it worked out this good with trays. I had set up a safelight and blocked it off until I could just barely see the tray. Made a safelight test with paper partially blocked off on half of it and it didn't show any signs of color shift.
    Now I have to get the film dept. setup going. I'll do that this weekend and shoot a roll of Ektar.
    Just thought I'd shout a little on here on the sucessful setup.

Richard
    That's awesome and welcome home!

I'm a big fan of Ektar. I use it religiously, but started testing out Porta 160. I am absolutely FLOORED with this film. With these two together, you can't go wrong in color.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Congratulations!! Well done!!

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecnichols View Post
    That's awesome and welcome home!

I'm a big fan of Ektar. I use it religiously, but started testing out Porta 160. I am absolutely FLOORED with this film. With these two together, you can't go wrong in color.
    Well, I slept better knowing my venture was good.

I would think the Porta 160 would be about the same as Vericolor lll I used to shoot. I'll try some of that also in the next few weeks. Probably more skin tone color oriented than Ektar.

When I ordered the chemicals, I got a lot of 4x5 Ektar with the order and hope to get in the mountains real soon with it. A little cooler there than in the foothills. First though is getting the film stuff setup for a smooth operation on that end.

Also thanks everyone for putting up with my questions.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Printing color is easy and awesome! I just started printing color a few weeks ago and have had great results! Portra 400 is my main film...However, I think I'm going to do some landscapes with Ektar 100.

It's great to know more people or doing this!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jayvo86 View Post
    Printing color is easy and awesome! I just started printing color a few weeks ago and have had great results! Portra 400 is my main film...However, I think I'm going to do some landscapes with Ektar 100.

It's great to know more people or doing this!
    It's a lot of fun and a really fast process....especially when you get your "system" down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mixed RA-4 this evening and took an old Vericolor lll negative of my parents, been deceased for a number of years, and used this for a test negative with the new color setup. I had written down the filtration from when I printed it in the mid 80's and used this to start. I couldn't believe it printed the same filtertration.
    Picture (of the picture) or it didn't happen!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    Picture (of the picture) or it didn't happen!
    Hey Tony
    I don't have a scanner. If I could scan it, I would send the results. The 16x20 I printed back then has lost a tad of the color it had but this one, from my memory, pretty well matched it. It came out just a tad warmer but it amazed me it was so close. 25 years ago and it still has very good color. When I printed the 16x20, I was using an Omega dicro. and this new one was with acetate filters with a Beseler 45mx. I'm still shocked by the results. Sorry I can't show results but!!!!! Maybe in the future.
    I guess a scanner will be in the works in the near future. I'm not much up on the digital things that I should be, but it's never too late to learn a new trick.

Thanks
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Tony
    I don't have a scanner. If I could scan it, I would send the results. The 16x20 I printed back then has lost a tad of the color it had but this one, from my memory, pretty well matched it. It came out just a tad warmer but it amazed me it was so close. 25 years ago and it still has very good color. When I printed the 16x20, I was using an Omega dicro. and this new one was with acetate filters with a Beseler 45mx. I'm still shocked by the results. Sorry I can't show results but!!!!! Maybe in the future.
    I guess a scanner will be in the works in the near future. I'm not much up on the digital things that I should be, but it's never too late to learn a new trick.

Thanks
    Richard
    iPhone? P&S?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin