Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,242   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ektachrome View Post
    It is definitely E6.
    Thanks for the ideas.
    When my SLR is fixed, I will experiment.
    Can anyone suggest a starter ISO?
    Thanks
    Ektachrome
    As Bronica645 has said above, just experiment over a wide range....it's easy, just expose a test film of a single subject, say a sunlit building, in 1/3 stop increases starting at 200 ISO, working right down to 8 ISO or less. A 24 exp length will be more than enough for this, and the result will give you an accurate guide for further tests, and also confirm the general condition of the film as regards color casts or fogging given the ago.
    (All Ektachrome 200 is/was E-6. The old "High Speed Ektachrome" (Daylight version 160 ASA, or Type B 125 ASA) was E-4.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kerne View Post

It's E-6.
    I stand corrected, looked like a 4 to me though on the original pic.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I played with a lot of different outdated film stocks. I would suggest starting at 12 ASA and doing bracketed exposures up to say ASA 100. Keep notes. I'll betcha it comes in at 25-50 ASA or thereabouts.

If the colors are awful, try using it as b&w negative film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin