Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,542   Online: 888

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    That's still a lot of film in six months!
    A couple of months ago, someone gave me 20 rolls of Provia 100F 135x36, so I have a lot of developing to do!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    How long does it last in it's sealed container?
    I have 37% formalin.
    this is the place I got mine from (on ebay).

http://www.onlinesciencemall.com/for...ical-30ml.html

I think shipping was more than the product, if I recall. I don't mean to get the thread off track so I'll leave it at that.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just finished 12 rolls of 120 roll film in 1L of Tetenal kit , 2 reels x 6 runs/reel over 6 nights. I started off with the recommended time of 6:15,6,6 and ended with 7,8,8 minutes for FD, CD and BLX times. Very pleased with the results, except the slides got a little darker towards the end.

6 days of home E-6 processing can be tedious. I am getting a Jobo multitank that holds 6 of 120 rolls to finish a similar batch in 2 runs. I am still planning to use hand held inversions only.

I have a question. Can I save the stabilizer working solution from Tetenal kit and use it towards a Freestyle kit that does not come with the stabilizer? How long will the stabilizer last in the mixed form?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kmallick View Post
    I have a question. Can I save the stabilizer working solution from Tetenal kit and use it towards a Freestyle kit that does not come with the stabilizer? How long will the stabilizer last in the mixed form?
    1. Yes, the Tetenal STAB contains everything that could be missing from other kits: formalin and rinsing agent.
    2. According to their booklet that comes with the kit, STAB lasts about a year.

BTW, PhotoEngineer has posted a STAB recipe on APUG, if you want to mix it yourself.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i have been looking hard and thinking hard about giving this kit a try. I have done B&W which is MUCH more forgiving when it comes to temps and such. I'm just afraid of ruining a few rolls of film while i figure it out. was thinking of buying the kodak chems to do the full 6 bath process but figure i should give this a try first before i commit to that much

on the flip side, i was wondering if there would be a market for the equivalent of the old kodak 5L kits or something in that size for someone to buy large and then reduce down to the equivalent of the old 5l size kits. do you think people would buy (people like you)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IF it were price competitive, quite possibly. But you run into hazmat shipment problems, at the very least. Big dealers already deal with that.

Shooter
    35mm
    IF it were price competitive, quite possibly. But you run into hazmat shipment problems, at the very least. Big dealers already deal with that.
    You really think a company like Kodak or Fuji pays Hazmat fees, the larger the shipper the higher the discount, because the carriers want the business, and big companies that ship chemicals that might be considered hazardous simply work that into the discounted rate. Say a shipment costs Joe's photo store $25 and $40 in Hazmat fees, the same shipment might cost Kodak or Fuji $2.50 and $1 Hazmat fee. Smart dealers order the stuff drop shipped to the customers address, so that they get the cheaper shipping.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Um, I said or meant to say nothing about Kodak or Fuji. Rather the distributors and dealers. Try to compete by dividing up larger sizes and reselling and the small start up is going to run into those problems.

Shooter
    35mm
    Um, I said or meant to say nothing about Kodak or Fuji. Rather the distributors and dealers. Try to compete by dividing up larger sizes and reselling and the small start up is going to run into those problems.
    A dealer selling in a local market, who needs a few kits for sale in a store, can take a large quantity and split it up, probably only work in a major city market where there are enough people to use such kits. For sale online, probably not worth it. Unless you have a distributor who is splitting large kits, and reselling to dealers and is large enough to get discounted shipping. In that case, the dealer can get the stuff drop shipped directly to the customer, saving on shipping fees, and hazmat fees. Carriers charge a lot for hazmat, because while almost everything can be machine sorted, dangerous goods need to be handled by hand, and that's expensive.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    Destroya - give the Tetenal a try, dont worry, it is easy. You wont ruin any rolls trying to learn. I had never even done BW processing, when I first tried E6 1.5 years ago using the Kodak 5L kit. The worst I have done was ruined 2 rolls of EBX, becuase I tried to over use the Kodak kit to squeeze more than the stated capacity out of it - above stated capacity, and contrast builds up way too high. But neither my first roll, nor any other of the 150+ rolls I have done so far were ruined ( save what I just mentioned).
    I have done more than 70 rolls so far on the Tetenal kit (on my second kit now), and can say that it gives results equal to the Kodak kit (unlike the Arista kit, which is inferior IME), that it is far easier to mix up and simpler to use with fewer steps, and that I actually prefere it to the Kodak now. Highly recommended, and far cheaper than trying to bulk purchase the Kodak chmeicals now in 25 gallon sizes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin