Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,164   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Push- and cross-processing Ektar - a brief comparison

few days ago Will posted these interesting photos of his 2-stop pushed Ektar here
    so I thought it would be nice to find out also other processing variants people did. I was surprised- I found another pushed processed and a crossprocessed Ektar example, and the outcome is like having a completely different film! A side-by-side comparison is shown on my blog:
    http://theanalogphotographer.blogspo...nic-ektar.html

I think it's just good to know Ektar offers us these interesting options as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Love Ektar ... thanks for sharing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stop making me want to shoot new types of films!
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm curious, with E6 cross-processing, did she use the times/baths as if the film were slide? Also, does it come out looking like a transparency? I would think the orange mask would remain..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    as for the E6 processing, I think she did, but I need to ask her how the actual slides look like
    I'll post as soon as I get the info

in any case, Ektar provides an interesting (C41) pushability option, in my view

Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    I'm curious, with E6 cross-processing, did she use the times/baths as if the film were slide? Also, does it come out looking like a transparency? I would think the orange mask would remain..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is the best way for cross-processing, from neg to E-6 or slide to C-41?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well, I think it much depends on the taste, but in general, slide in C41 usually provides a more usable option-you can scan and correct the color curves etc or you can even optically print onto RA4 paper (not bothering too much for color filtration)
    Lomographers, for example, use a lot of crossprocessing, but only with (outdated?) slide film in C41 chemistry-plastic cameras are not really precise in terms of exposure...
    color neg film developed in E6 is a less common option, usually gives less usable results (very muted image)

Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto View Post

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just search the forums, there is a whole lot on here about this. I'm looking forward to trying a few rolls of Elite Chrome in C-41 soon.
    Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.
    My Website and Gallery is at www.bcarlsonmedia.com
    My Twitter is @brendancarlson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the orange mask, apparently, doesn't cause much of a trouble, as she states. I was shown the photos of the actual slides-the scanned images are pretty much a good representation of the photo itself. Blacks are black, and highlights lookk very clean, no visible orange cast seen.
    I need to try it myself, how Ektar behaves in other conditions, too: like portraits
    just can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In fact i did once the cross processing, but i can't remember which one, maybe a slide in C-41, will check it again, but i will give it more try later and see how it will look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin